Solved /suicide bypass

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Xofter, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    the /suicide
    command bypasses any blocking.
    For example i blocked the suicide command with wordguard but it still kills the player on command. However after death it displays "/suicide is not allowed in this area"

same thing with other way of blocking it, like removing the essentials.suicide from permissions.

I would like to block the command but it seems it bypasses it .

2. If you are using PermissionEX, PEX, you can do this by disabling it in the permissions.yml file.

- -essentails.suicide

The '-' is to list a new commands and the second '-' before essentials is to add a negitive node to that command. Hope this helps. If you are using a different group managing plugin, i would be glad to help you find a fix.

3. like i said tried that, does not work.
    I tried different ways of blocking it however it seems that it still kills the user.

4. Another example is i have a login plugin which denies any commands till you are registered or already log in
    however /suicide still registers and kills the user

5. also tried various blocking command plugins, still no luck. It shows its not allowed but still functions ;/

6. Which plugins do you have? From which plugin might /suicide be from?

7. [​IMG]

8. Type "/? suicide" in chat and tell me what comes up, it will show a brief description of the command.

9. Remove any instance of essentials.suicide From your permissions file

10. [​IMG]

11. This is probably a priority issue, try making an alias for it in the commands.yml file to completely remove it and see if that works.

12. Fixed. found the issue in one of my plugins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.