1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Sun/Moon glitch causing lag!

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by xXFoxy_GrandpaXx, May 13, 2013.

1. Hello creators of Spiggot! I am the owner of a BENDING server. Now, to inform you of what bending is. It's simply a Avatar plugin: allowing players to bend fire,water,earth,air, etc. Now, there is a problem with the plugin itself and spiggot and or craftbukkit. It apears that EVEN with like 10 players online, at night the moon glitches out, and jumps back a little. As in example, let's say the moon is on the sidewalk, 2 steps forward and one step back. It does this and it's not my plugins sorry to say, although it could be countering bending but that's just a guess. Anyway, this glitch cuases terribly low TPS, even with the best servers. My server is 8gb RAM dedicated, and it lags with the glitch on 13 players +. So, please fix this guys :3 THANKS!

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  2. vemacs

Artist

What le fuck

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. How the heck could I delete the moon? o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Is that even possible?

5. Bestle

Patron

I think the moon glitching back and forward is actually a side-effect of your servers low TPS - Not the cause!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. whoosh

I think they were being sarcastic (or I just learnt that you can delete the moon)

7. The sun/moon will 'glitch' when the client and the server disagree on the current map time. It is either caused by a time-changing plugin (like those 'permanent night' plugins) or by TPS slowdown. The glitch itself will not cause TPS issues. I suspect that if you fix the real problem, you'll no longer see these time transition glitches.

8. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

9. How do you propose I could fix it? Here's all of my plugins: Bending, ColoredTablist, Automessage, World Edit, World Guard, ColoredSigns, Factions, Essentials antibuild, essentials, Essentials Spawn, And Essentials chat.

10. Hmm, what timings? Sorry, could u be more specific about my timings?

12. joehot200

Supporter

Timings report. /timings.

Also, the problem is the lag :3

13. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Turn on timings with /timings on.
    Wait a few minutes for it to gather data.
    Upload timings data with /timings paste.
    Give me the link it created.
    If you like you can turn off timings again with /timings off.

14. Here you go: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5662850/

15. False, lag is not the issue at hand. It has to do with bending and spigot, the plugin itself or spigot clashing with the plugin causing this glitch. This glitch happens on a 96gb RAM server, btw.

16. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Bending and Essentials are killing your server with runnables. At least make sure you're running the latest Essentials version because it's nothing like that for me.

Your average TPS was 18.17 in that timings report, anything under 20 TPS means everything on the main server thread (including the moon) is not run fast enough, and thus you notice it glitching.

That's my observation anyway. If you can get your server to run at 20 TPS nonstop and the moon still glitches then I'd say it's a client side bug.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Alright, thank you! I'll make sure to update my essentials, and also can I send you a /timings at night?

18. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Pretty sure it won't matter. The sun and moon are the same thing, just with different textures.

19. Alright, I'll go update essentials.

20. FYI, the /timings report is more readable if you use the second link that it gives you (for your timings report above, it would be http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=5662850)

Anything highlighted with red is likely causing your issues (as mentioned above, Essentials is your main culprit though the Bending plugin isn't helping).