Spigot SuperbVote 0.5.5

A superb, flexible, lag-free Votifier listener

1. Hey, so I've read through the discussion on broken placeholders and while its true that PlaceholderAPI now works on latest version im still getting issues trying to use the mvdw placeholders on featherboard. Any fix for this?

2. Tux

Tux

I don't have any control over Maximvdw's placeholders. You'll need to raise the issue with him.

3. I have read your wiki. That is why I am asking these questions because nothing is working nor making sense to me based on the information provided. For context, I am still learning how to manage plugins. You might not need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, but this stuff does not come easy to me. I need a few more examples than the ones provided in the wiki in order to fully understand the function of this plugin.

Currently I am attempting to make it where every multiple of 2 gives players a chance of getting one of 4 keys. This means players should only be getting a total of 4 keys instead of 8. I am not sure if I am able to combine these two terms to get the effect that I am looking for in this situation. Thus far it has not worked for me, so I will keep playing around with it until I receive a response.

Code (YAML):
    # Rewards. This is the main section you will need to edit. Ordering is important.
    rewards
    :
     # Example of matchers. See https://github.com/minecrafter/SuperbVote/wiki/Configuration#if for a full list of available
      # matchers.
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 3
          every-cumulative-votes
    : 2
        commands
    :
       - crate key %player% TestChest 1
        player-message
    : "&aThanks for voting for us &4&l<3&a! Take this key to spawn to get your prize!"
        broadcast-message
    : "&a%player% has voted for us &4&l<3&a!"
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 12
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
    : "&aThanks for voting for us &4&l<3&a! Take this key to spawn to get your prize!"
        broadcast-message
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 30
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 55
          ever-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message

#763 LostWarrior95, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  4. Tux

Tux

You have misspelled every-cumulative-votes in your last block. You also need to specify a default reward (you can simply use a blank list).

I am confused about your set up, however. You have essentially the same reward in each block - are you going to be changing that?

Perhaps an example will make things more clear?
    Code (YAML):
    # Rewards. This is the main section you will need to edit. Ordering is important.
    rewards
    :
     # Elite key
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
       - crate key %player% EliteVote 1
        player-message
    : "&aThanks for voting for us &4&l<3&a! You got a &4Elite&a key. Take this key to spawn to get your prize!"
        broadcast-message

# ...other rewards omitted for brevity...

# Common key
      - if
    :
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
       - crate key %player% CommonVote 1
        player-message
    : "&aThanks for voting for us &4&l<3&a! You got a &4Common&a key. Take this key to spawn to get your prize!"
        broadcast-message
    First, every two votes, it will match against these four matchers. Should one of the chance matchers match, the player will get a different key (which you'll need to configure). Otherwise, it'll use the the other reward (the common key I've set up).

5. I should really double check my spelling on these things. Tired of over looking that and posting it here lol.

Na, I'm not going to keep the same prize in each one. I'm currently gathering items for these individual chests so in the mean time I'm just doing what I did with the dirt blocks but with keys. They will eventually match the percentages used in each section.

So I was on the right path with every-cumulative-votes: 2? I was wondering about that because when I'm attempting this players are not getting any rewards. Let me evaluate my spelling and input prior to sharing it here. Ill tag you once this has been completed.

I appreciate the assistance. I'm a relatively new owner (co-owner), so getting into the groove of this is adventurous.

UPDATE:
    Code (YAML):
    rewards:
     # Example of matchers. See https://github.com/minecrafter/SuperbVote/wiki/Configuration#if for a full list of available
      # matchers.
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 12
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 30
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message
      - if
    :
          chance-percentage
    : 55
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message
      # Default rewards are defined by having no preconditions. Place it at the bottom of the config.
      - if
    :
          every-cumulative-votes
        commands
    :
        player-message
        broadcast-message
    I have copied the pattern you presented to me (Thank you for that!). It is similar to the one that I had drafted out before this one with the only error being that I forgot a y in the last section. However, none of my players are receiving keys and/or notifications. I have double checked everything so I believe everything is correct. Are the percentages and every-cumulative-vote counteracting with each other or have I incorrectly intended/moved a section? I feel like it is obvious but I am clearly missing it. (I'm currently working on getting a tech so I do not have to consistently ask questions here and on other threads. However, I do appreciate your assistance in this situation. )
    @Tux

#765 LostWarrior95, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  6. how come i have vote reminder set to false but it keeps spamming it still?

Code (Text):
    # Broadcast settings:
    broadcast:
      # Should we broadcast votes at all?
      enabled: true

# Should we tell players if they voted?
      message-player: false

# Vote reminder.
    vote-reminder:
      on-join: false
      repeat: 180

7. You have to reload the server for it to work and set it to -1.

8. Tux

Tux

I'll be the first to admit: SuperbVote has less features but I feel that SuperbVote's focus on being a voting rewards/count plugin and no more makes it a much stronger plugin than any other plugin out there. VotingPlugin tries to do everything, whereas SuperbVote only gives rewards.

Not sure what's going on then :( I've exhausted all the ways I can help you here. I suggest you check your Votifier setup.

9. Is there currently a way to use multiple lines in the broadcast-message?

10. Tux

Tux

There is, just use a multi-block line like so:

Code (Text):

test: |-
      hello
      world

11. Tux

Tux

Tux updated SuperbVote with a new update entry:

SuperbVote 0.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Tux

Tux

13. Thx for your quick response! Do you btw have any recommendations for a voteparty plugin I could use with placeholder support so I can use it in featherboard? I can’t find any good voteparty plugin outthere, previously i was using votingplugin’s voteparty system.

14. Tux

Tux

I don't use vote party plugins myself but give clip's VoteParty a try.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. I have got this error after update to 0.5
    I have made sure that my database connection info is correct

16. Tux

Tux

17. Tux

Tux

Please try 0.5.1

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Looks great im gonna test it alongside VotingPlugin

19. Tux

Tux

Thanks everyone for the 10,000 downloads!

[​IMG]