Solved Syncing data between bungee cord servers

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by Brayson, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Hello, I am having trouble finding out how to sync data between my bungee cord servers...…and I mean the actual servers, not the proxy server.....right now, their are different inventory's for players on each server....so on one server they have one thing, on the other they have something different.....so I guess what I am looking for is help on how to sync the servers. (My server is 1.16.X FYI) I have also heard of redis, and I am defiantly up to using it. Thank you!

#1 Brayson, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. Are you trying to get them to all act as one server? That's not really what bungee is for.

3. Kind of? This is kind of how i want it.....i want to have 1 or 2 servers where the guests are on, which they can switch between the servers.....so i want the chat and stuff to be different between servers, but i want the players data to be synced between all of them. I also want a server where we build on....so that one can be sperate....

4. This sounds like an https://xyproblem.info

It sounds like what you're doing here would be much more suited to a single server using Multiverse. Have you considered it?

#4 __lucyy, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  5. I have, but i would prefer to use bungee......a server i really like uses a privately maintained version of LilyPad , and i am trying to achieve the way their servers work, but with using bungee........i am pretty sure you can sync data using redis, i just don't know how....

6. Each server has worlds and playerdata

What I did with one of my projects was storing the Experience (0.0 - 1.0) and Level (int type), aswell as the Inventory (ItemStack[] serialized as base64) to a MySQL database, which fetches the data when the player joins the game.