Tab messing up with player glow :(

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Metal123, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

1. Hey, I need help with my player glow plugin I made a rainbow glow and the player's team changes constantly and it makes the names in tab flickers up and down, Is there a fix to that?

2. Tab orders players be team, so that's why the names are moving around.
    You'll want to avoid moving players between different teams, so you'll have to keep them in the same team regardless of which color they are.
    The easiest solution is going to be creating a new team for each individual player, and then you can change the team color as needed instead of switching players to different teams. If you name the team after the player, you'll get the advantage of maintaining alphabetical order, although players without a team will still be at the bottom regardless of where they belong alphabetically.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. There is a better, more optimized, better scaled, way to create this rainbow effect. You can change the player list name every interval to include the new color tag. The list is only ordered on team and actual team, so this will not effect the order. Moreover, no scoreboard data has to be created, stored, send and thus it is way faster.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. The question is asking about glows, though, and I think glow color comes from the team color only.

Of course, it would still be important to make sure a bunch of teams aren't being saved to the disk. I guess just don't use the main scoreboard?

5. Oh, sorry, I misread the post. However, the core of my post is still the same: it is better to use packets than to make new scoreboards. You can make this work without actually changing teams and thus without changing the order of the players.