Spigot Tangled Maze | Maze Generator [1.13+] 1.4.2

THE maze generator

1. MightyOne submitted a new resource:

TangledMaze - a super cool maze generator

Read more about this resource...

2. does this work on 1.13 if so i would love it!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. it sort of works but when you go to tell it to build it errors out... but selecting n all that works. would love to see this come back to life

4. Hey lilacorn,
    I am apologizing that TangledMaze is not compatible with 1.13 yet. I can see that it is just a very little part in the plugin that has become defect in this version. I will look what I can do in the next days to get this to work again.

Hopefully you can wait that long, otherwise you can also try to build the maze in a lower minecraft version and copy it afterwards.

Greetings
    MightyOne

5. i can wait. it would be to much of a trouble to rollback the spigot version just to use the plugin to generate one.

6. This looks absolutely amazing, can't wait to try it out!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OK, still haven't had time to install it yet, just a feature question, does this plugin have rewards (or plan on adding them) for completion or checkpoints or maybe just a way to run a command when you walk over a specific block? That would be really useful to encourage users to take part in the maze. I have other ways of doing it on the server, but it would be nice to be able to control it via the plugin, especially with a built-in way to block duplication, etc. (like someone walking over the space over and over to collect the reward, maybe it would teleport someone away or block reentry from exits?). Thanks!

8. This plugin is meant to be a build tool. Even if it is a nice idea to have a feature for motivating players to enter a maze, this would rather be a task for an additional plugin. I am not going to implement this idea into Tangled Maze.
    However I can offer you to code your idea in a new plugin. If you are interested pm me.

9. And I have suggestion. Will be cool if maze gen plugin will can generate mazes with no dead ends, it will be useful for dungeons with chests and monsters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks for the update. Works great!

• Like Like x 1
  11. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Test 1: a large maze with two exits, both at the bottom:
    maze-1.png
    The lime path is the solution. I would have expected (and hoped) that the solution would encompass more of the maze. Is this an expected outcome?

12. Well random generated means random generated. I have no control about where the path is winding to. But the closer 2 exits are, the higher the chance that they will be connected with a short path.

TM 1.3 feature will definitely be to unbuild and rebuild a maze since it can cost a lot of time to recreate a floor plan. Until then things like this are simply not avoidable.

(You can always just put a wall somewhere and remove one somewhere else and then the path is already much more complex. That would be more of a manual way to deal with it.)

#18 MightyOne, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Yay!

• Friendly Friendly x 2