1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Terrible growth rates and growth modifiers have little effect

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by metalhedd, Jan 11, 2013.

1. for about 2 weeks or so, we've been noticing very very low growth rates. (sugarcane stalk will grow 1 block in 2h sometimes) I'm running spigot build 373, but iirc the problem began before that..

Since it started I tried gradually increasing the growth modifiers on everything, first from 100-175, then 300, 500, and were at 2400 right now. If i understand correctly this should be 24x the 'normal' growth rate, but its still horrendously slow. I've made some adjustments to the growth-chunks-per-tick as well, its current at 3250 and has had more impact than the growth modifiers, but growth rates are still *terrible*.

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Aikar is working hard on this.

3. he did a bang up job already. I pulled a patch from him this morning and did a build that's working great on my server right now! Thanks again Aikar!

4. Could this have something to do with AggregateTicks?

5. indeed. from what Aikar told me, AggregateTicks wasn't aggrating anything at all. it was just slowing down growth by that factor. aggregate: 4 = 25% growth rate. aggregate: 20 = Good luck buddy. (this was my problem)

6. Puremin0rez

Interesting!

7. Yeah I've been noticing some weird stuff on Aggregate Ticks, but I kinda thought it was just me :p

8. I had the same thought for weeks. "Growth couldn't possibly be this badly broken right? it's gotta be just me."

In a way it was, because I increased my aggregate ticks and didn't even consider at first that it might have been the cause.

9. I merged Aikar's commits too. Everything including the spawn-range is working.

10. Spawn range? Could this possibly be a fix for the mob spawning issues w/ view distance < 10?

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Just pushed the fixes for this, please try.

12. PhanaticD

Patron

holy crap, just updated to latest build went from 5 tps on my skyblock server to 20.... i love you

edit: well 16ish now but I guess it goes down with time -.-

#12 PhanaticD, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013