THANK YOU NETHERBYTE

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by vanjavk, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DON'T EVER USE THEIR MYSQL, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SVIS_Josh

Supporter

Acknowledged. :p

3. Ok, calm down, and get some choco.

[​IMG]

Now tell me, what happened?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tell Uncle Swifty your story.

5. Story time!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. joehot200

Supporter

The story is that NetherByte is a terrible host, and that nobody should go for them.

Seriously people - NetherByte has about the worst reputation besides GGServers! Do people not even do their homework before buying hosts!?

7. lol...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. joehot200

Supporter

I'm being metaphorical - If someone is going to spend money on a host, they should at least research into if it's actually a good one.

9. I mean, GGServers is pretty bad, but MCProHosting is worse... So are we talking like inbetween or worse than McProHosting?

10. joehot200

Supporter

GGServers are worse than MCProHosting. MCProHosting don't get hacked.

11. I heard they are great. Maybe you shouldn't make your password password, root or toor, since that's what seems like what has just happened. Instead of making a rage thread which we all could do, how about explain your problems with them?

12. I mean that's true... But MCProHosting's servers are like... Constantly being ddosed... Even though they're resellers of OVH... That's awkward

13. Is that to imply OVH's ddos protection is good?

14. You can't say it's not... It's not the best out there, but it does the job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. joehot200

Supporter

Pretty sure the whole of the GGServers host got hacked at some point, and all details were leaked, and all users got offensive emails, and stuff.

16. So did mcprohosting, at some point. The hackers bought a domain with one word removed, which would be the site with a full database dump at the bottom.

Edit: Domain data was wrong, however they did get hacked and a database dump was leaked.

#16 GGhost, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  17. Isn't there like a troll GGServers website?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. MCProhosting doesn't resell OVH. They have their own servers in Softlayer.
    Can you link me any thread or something? I couldn't find anything about them getting hacked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GeorgeHousley123

Supporter

What's so bad about OVH?