Spigot The Emerald Bank 2.0

a simple emerald based economy

1. Hey, what shop plugin do you recommend using with EmeraldBank?

2. klugemonkey

Supporter

I don't really have a recommendation, since I'm not running a server at the moment.

3. Hello there, I recently installed your plugin. Works really well!. I am looking for a way to disable banks entirely to make it more user friendly and to dissuade hoarding. Is there a way to disable banks entirely, I couldn't find it in the configuration.

Oh also with towny as well, Is there a way to withdraw directly into the player inventory rather than the bank?

4. This is a promising replacement for Gringott's but I would really like to see an option to set someone's bank to either be:
    default as an ender chest, or include emeralds in ender chest so that total money can still be tracked easily, but immediate ATM money can be pulled without using commands.

EDIT: Would be nice to also have it check for money inside of a shulker box inside of an ender chest to save for item-slot space.

5. klugemonkey

Supporter

Hmm, what an interesting idea, use the player's ender chest for storage. Not sure placing in shulker boxes inside an ender chest is a good idea. What about allowing expansion of the ender chest?

6. klugemonkey

Supporter

I'm leaning to the idea of allowing players to have an item that acts like an enderchest, but only for currency. They can carry it around like their bank account, but it would at least be physical. Like a purse or wallet. Can open it up like any other inventory if it is in their hand or offhand without placing and perhaps manually add/remove items from it, so that would eliminate the need for the withdrawal and deposit commands. Still pondering the idea.

7. This would be especially useful! Looking forward to what you come up with.
    Particularly tho with enderchests, it has 2 uses that are common knowledge to players that makes it useful.
    1. You can pull items from it anywhere in the world without worrying about holding onto a physical ender chest. If there is another one somewhere else, you don't have to carry anything.
    2. This is a vanilla method, so there is much less learning curve. I'm certainly not opposed to being able to open up some kind of wallet item tho! I think a 3 tier method would be ideal

1. Enderchest (ATM/Bank) & OR Personal vault (eg. /setVault and then left clicking a chest) > 2. Pocket Vault(wallet) > 3. Inventory

8. How can I add this plugin as a new economy eg to UltimateFishing plugin?

9. klugemonkey

Supporter

You just add it. There can be only one economy provider with Vault though, so it wouldn't work say if you wanted to only use it with certain plugins but not all vault-enabled plugins.

10. When I use this plugin with AuctionHouse it isn't working.
    Error:
    [20:36:05 ERROR]: [AuctionHouse] Error! Economy plugin was not found!
    [20:36:05 ERROR]: [AuctionHouse] Plugin will be disabled!

11. klugemonkey

Supporter

Needs an economy plugin and vault, but should work with EmeraldBank. Are there any other errors in the log, like is EmeraldBank not loading?

12. Awesome Plugin!! Can you add a feature wherein you can configure different values for emeralds based on their custom model data? Just an example, 1 Rare Emerald(custommodeldata=1) = 64 Emeralds and so on. Don't know if this is possible, but it would be greatly appreciated!!

13. hello dear dev,
    I'm having a problem, I want to configure the maximum balance I can have in the bank, in the file config.yml you have the option balance_maximum:
    withdraw_maximum:

I've tried several different formats for filling in numbers in this field, and it doesn't work, can you tell me how do I put a limit that can be put in the bank?

THANKS A LOT !

14. I have installed this on my Paper 1.16.5 server and tested when using /withdraw whilst the inventory has no free slots left and an exception is thrown:

org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'bank' in plugin EmeraldBank v1.2.2
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:47) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:159) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:810) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:2168) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerConnection.c(PlayerConnection.java:1983) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1936) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:49) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:7) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils.lambda$ensureMainThread$1(PlayerConnectionUtils.java:35) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.TickTask.run(SourceFile:18) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.IAsyncTaskHandler.executeTask(IAsyncTaskHandler.java:136) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.IAsyncTaskHandlerReentrant.executeTask(SourceFile:23) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.IAsyncTaskHandler.executeNext(IAsyncTaskHandler.java:109) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.bb(MinecraftServer.java:1252) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.executeNext(MinecraftServer.java:1245) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.IAsyncTaskHandler.awaitTasks(IAsyncTaskHandler.java:119) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.sleepForTick(MinecraftServer.java:1206) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:1120) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:289) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-571]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_281]
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot drop air

15. Could you add support for physical vaults just like in Gringotts?

16. please update this plugin for 1.16.5, there's alot of bug now, for example, player emerald randomly turned into 'NaN' and it gives them infinite ammount of emerald

17. klugemonkey

Supporter

18. klugemonkey

Supporter

19. Hoping for a 1.18 support update and option to customize messages.

EDIT: My bad, for some reason it didn't generate the json file before.

#99 Netherpwn, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  20. Is it possible to add a permission based max bank?