The end of MinecraftMarket.

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by BrettPlayMC, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

I would leave the doors open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. That's not a very good analogy. It would be more like: If I had my car parked by valet and they trashed it during a joy ride, would you give your keys to the same place?

3. It really, really doesn't matter.
    At the end of the day, it was SaaS- with poor support. That could be said for thousands of other products and services. It was a free alternative, which was great for many people, and the premium plans and custom designs were enticing for others. Literally, nobody, when looking at a free service or cheap alternative, is going to base their 'should I use this' on whether or not the support is good.

Furthermore, in your old post which you 'warned people' about it- you were complaining about the UI (which was changed) and you were complaining that the service lacked features from a respected premium product (where you actually didn't even say what the missing features were, must be good feedback for the service). Their pricing was very low, considering the cost of better alternatives on monthly plans. Even after all that happened (and I'm just as frustrated as the next person affected) it was great value- unless of course, you'd had it for less than a month before the incident.

So please, don't come onto this thread with an "I told you so" mentality, when all you really did was whine about support and 'features' because you were not given a refund- when barely any Virtual products or services offer them- and in fact have clauses in their Terms stating the opposite.

What happened was completely out of the blue, not even the other developers saw it happening or knew what had happened initially- so please, don't claim that you did. I'm with Brett on the "This was uncalled for and unexpected."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You can pick apart the little details all you want, but the big idea behind my old thread is that there were several red flags surrounding MinecraftMarket and due to these red flags I felt that this company shouldn't be trusted.

And all I'm saying now is: This event doesn't surprise me because I had a strong feeling MinecraftMarket was not to be trusted from the beginning.

Edit: Reworded for clarity.

#224 Altitude, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. Submitted a chargeback against MinecraftMarket. Hopefully, I can get a refund for the 'Lifetime' Plan as I only had it for like 1 month.

6. If that doesn't work, chargeback through your CC company with the reasoning being his response on the incident as it is quite illegal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. They denied my chargeback for my "Lifetime" membership, but I had it for 2 years. I did it straight through Paypal, so unfortunately I don't think I have any other options.

8. While that surely is an option, not everybody uses a credit card in combination with PayPal. How has PayPal responded to this entire thing so far? I assume many people have opened a chargebac, but has anybody actually got a response yet?

Edit: sniped

9. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Haven't read anything except for these last posts, but if you opened a PayPal dispute and it was denied, don't do a card chargeback afterwards as they will probably close your PayPal account. When their ruling is not in your favor they expect it to be left at that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Because you did so against terms that you agreed to- but also via PayPal, which, in 2016- did not have intangible goods or services covered by buyer protection as far as I can remember.

And as above, if you lose a PayPal case- don't be silly enough to try and circumvent it via a Credit Card chargeback or you do risk further action.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Probably lifetime was defined as lifetime of the service and not lifetime of you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. I've been using them for about a year now and have complained a number of times. My store would randomly get reset, items will be deleted, categories would be swapped, and so on and so forth.

Finally moving to Buycraft...

13. I think the bad future of MinecraftMarket have been seen from 2016, so I guess he can blame them.

14. I’ve been with them for more than 2 years.. and this never happened to me. That’s very strange honestly.

15. Well thats one of the reasons you have to use buycraft :/

16. How it looks from the outside should never be used to determine how secure the backend is. Now, I've talked to the DonationStore lead developer a few times and it's indeed a little overkill saying it's not secure. It's built using Django, so if they followed the framework correctly, nothing should go wrong (which is what MM also did, but they made extremely stupid mistakes elsewhere).

17. Yeah my wording was not the best, I edited the main post to fit the issue more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I see the 2 linked repositories for a self hosted store seem to be dead, are there any other stores being actively developed?

19. https://github.com/MinePoS
    Click minepos in my sig for the discord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.