The EULA and My Opinions and Solutions

Discussion in 'Drama' started by iAmGolem, Aug 13, 2016.

?

Minecraft Server Blacklist: A Step in the Right or Wrong Direction?

1. Right

2. Wrong

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. "If we do not stop it now, it WILL be too late to stop it later."

The EULA and My Opinions and Solutions

Hey there everyone. For the past few months or so, Mojang has been blacklisting servers that do not comply with the EULA. Here are my opinions about it. Please leave now if you do not want to hear.

Why is the EULA Bad?
    + Voting System Changed (For the worse)

If someone votes for the server, everyone must get rewards, not only one person, for example, vote goals (100 votes = vote party for everyone or something).
    So basically voting rewards are not for just 1 individual anymore. If this is not clear, click the spoiler.
    "If you give anything in return for voting for your server, such as “Vote tokens” or other items, the same restrictions apply as for hard currency (real money). Giving soft currency in return for voting is not allowed. You can, however, have a “vote goal” (similar to a donation goal) and give the same item/perk (cosmetic or not) to all players currently online (regardless if they have voted or not)."
    Check out the thread: Click here!
    + No more PayToWin
    I will talk more about this below.

My Opinions
    - Why the EULA is killing off servers (Particularly Factions and other servers like that)

The answer here is simple. No one really needs cosmetic items in Factions. Why get a useless pet on Factions when you can get a kit? Most Factions servers (and other servers like that, Prison for example) will fall. Not many wants to spend like 10 USD on a pet that is cosmetic. Think about it, would you really want to buy something that is useless?

Not allowing PayToWin is affecting many servers. You just don't see it.
    Before you say anything, would YOU buy something that has no use other than cosmetic in a Factions Server? Please, consider the majority of players as well.

What if I told you, if this continues, Faction servers and other types of servers would be no more? Would you listen to me?
    If you would not buy a cosmetic item on Factions because its useless, would others?

- It's promoting Minigames Servers.
    Do you really want Minecraft to only have Minigame servers? The situation we're in now is helping Minigame servers and KILLING servers like Factions or a gamemode that does NOT require cosmetic perks!

- Voting just got a whole lot worse.
    If someone votes for the server, everyone must get rewards, not only one person, for example, vote goals (100 votes = vote party for everyone or something).
    So basically voting rewards are not for just 1 individual anymore. If this is not clear, click the spoiler.
    "If you give anything in return for voting for your server, such as “Vote tokens” or other items, the same restrictions apply as for hard currency (real money). Giving soft currency in return for voting is not allowed. You can, however, have a “vote goal” (similar to a donation goal) and give the same item/perk (cosmetic or not) to all players currently online (regardless if they have voted or not)."
    Check out the thread: Click here!

Conclusion (Still My Opinion)
    Minecraft is KILLING the servers that brought it to where it is today. Do you think that Minecraft could be where it is today without Factions, Skyblock, Prison or even Survival servers? I cannot stress this enough, this game is killing itself. You may not notice it now but when Minigames get boring, you probably might.

Do you see where this is going? First deciding to stop PayToWin. Then changing PvP Mechanics. And now meddling with Voting? All the big aspects of Minecraft are being reworked and it doesn't make Minecraft better. In my opinion, it's just worse.

It's just a step in the wrong direction.
    If we do not voice about it now, it WILL be to late.

How do we counter this?
    + Have price limits on PayToWin items, perks and ranks.
    + All webstores for Minecraft Servers have to state that they're not associated with Mojang (unless they are).
    + Have a disclaimer when you join a PayToWin Minecraft server.
    Example: [!!!] This server is PayToWin!
    + Only allow servers to be PayToWin if their gamemode requires this. (Could be a hassle)

Usually, people who side the EULA either have never owned a Factions/Prison, etc server before or like Minigame servers a lot. You may feel like you're not affected but you will most probably be in the future. Just because the matter it's not directly linked to you doesn't mean it won't affect you at all.

#1 iAmGolem, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    • Agree x 13
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. inb4 moved to drama. I'll get the popcorn now

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. I hear that Mojang gets complains from a bunch of like parents of those children/teens ..the complaints vary ... so i would not specify ..
    so for Mojang .. to prevent further complaints ..they enforced the EULA ..

In My Opinion

instead of enforcing the EULA
    further improve confirmation of purchase from those who r gonna purchase something .. like put in disclaimers ..have a system that requires the parents to properly confirm it .. not just say .. u need ur parents confirmation ..without actually having anything that checks for it ..
    Instead of choosing the easy way out which is EULA enforcement ..follow some of the suggestions given by @iAmGolem
    Even so ..instead of going all "Customer Is Always Right" with the parents who complain ..
    Why not ask them some simple questions like :-
    +Did You Approve Of Your Child's Purchase?
    +If Your Child Doesn't Have Anything He/She Can Use To Make An Online Purchase, How'd He/She Get One? (parents credit card details?)
    the list can go on longer and some questions get personal which at times needed to make certain complainers realize whether its their mistake or the company.

Instead of having to be a sponge .. be a magnet that repels ..

Most Parents aren't even aware of what their child does in the internet and if they need to complain about something that has affected their child .. they immediately take the side of their own child cause obviously ..its their own child ..

What's even funnier is that Most Webstores of minecraft servers aren't even associated with Mojang

EULA shouldn't be enforced ... but what should be enforced is that Parents Should Better Supervise Their Child In The Entertaining yet DANGEROUS thing called The Internet.

#3 iAmEnder, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MineCove

Patron

The EULA became significantly more concerning when vote rewards became an infringement. It isn't that servers not being allowed to give vote rewards is a bad thing, (all servers use these rewards to have an edge on other servers, so it's simply all have a duller edge). The issue is that the EULA was expanded to include something beyond its initial purpose.

Mojang came forward stating the EULA was being enforced because of parents complaining about P2W servers. Ok fine. I'll buy it.

However, with the blocking of vote rewards, it now proves that not P2W nor parents complaining is the real reason behind the EULA enforcement. It shows a matter of progression. Mojang has some agenda, likely a profit oriented one being a business. If this trend continues, Mojang will become more and more restrictive until whatever profit margin they're looking for is met.

To spitball a few *possible* future EULA installments:

No more cosmetic packages
    No more global packages
    Non-vanilla server software blocked
    No Minecraft YouTube videos nor streaming
    No more selling plugins

The blacklist is a step in the wrong direction. I see it growing as the EULA becomes more restrictive until we're all on it. When it gets to that point, it won't be just the server owners paying for it, but literally everyone from players to developers. That is why my signature now supports SquidHQ, and yours should too.

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. Everyone would quit with all of this (only the single-player world players would not care) but No More Minecraft videos is rather ridiculous, and I don't think they can really stop that as they don't own YouTube.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I support SquidHQ infact my players are required to use it to join my server, so far i had 18 people on today and everyone was using SquidHQ

7. I have errors with SquidHQ for some reason, I get the idea of SquidHQ and I support it- but then I'm not sure if you can get mods and all of that using SquidHQ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yes you can SquidHQ says that it supports mods

9. Are hacked clients supported with SquidHQ? (It's a joke, but I'm actually for real wondering if they are or not) does SquidHQ add any other game-changes other than allowing access of blacklisted servers? Does SquidHQ have Liteloader Support & can you login on other servers with it for example one's that don't know about SquidHQ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Also yes every mod you have installed will work with it.

and for the other question.

Does SquidHQ come with any additional features?

Absolutely not. The entire goal of SquidHQ is to provide a completely standard Minecraft launcher. The only change will be the removal and prevention of Mojang's blacklisting capabilites. We will never add any premium/sponsor features/slots nor any sort of bloatware to this project.

11. Also yes you can log onto any server even if they don't know about SquidHQ

12. Okay, by every mod working does it mean that Liteloader works?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I'm pretty sure it does you can give it a try :)

14. I can't download SquidHQ itself I always get this error, it says downloading meta and then that error pops up, I have Forge & Litelaoder installed and have around 15-20 mods.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Try to open up regular Minecraft then log out then try to open SquidHQ

16. Same Error

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Here's a solution:

"Stop making money of kids or players forcing them to buy perks."

Here is an example

" You cannot have more then 2 homes!! Buy a rank at store.example.com to do that! :) ".

^

That's what mojang hates or similar. They just don't want donors to gain more advantages to those who can't donate nor buy a rank.
    Just get with it, follow the EULA. It's simple.... I'm tired of seeing soo many threads about this. Just get on with it as i stated it before.
    Chill, it's not like MINECRAFT is your job... ffs :)

EDIT: If you can't survival without donations, then you should "not" even start a server! :rolleyes:

#17 AndreTheGamer, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. How does one get the $ to afford what they're paying for hosting then? (@AndreTheGamer)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. It has gone way past that mate. Read up on it again, it has changed since you last saw it.

Simple? Not when they change shit every 10 minutes and force us to constantly develop new solutions in order to survive.

Actually, you don't know that. For some people, it is a job.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Dang, that's what i get for sharing my -opinions-:oops: or maybe some *facts*

"A War" has "now" "started". Next time ill just past on the thread and not reply:eek:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1