Supporter

klugemonkey updated The Piggy Bank with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes and Factions Support!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. its not generating a file from the .jar

4. klugemonkey

Supporter

generating a file?

5. I've got the .jar in the plug-in folder but when I restart the server the folder for the mod doesn't generate... AKA it isn't extracting the files from the .jar

6. klugemonkey

Supporter

That is strange. I just tested on 1.15.1 and it seems to create the folder correctly for me. What version of Spigot/Paper are you using? Can you check your logs for any errors?

7. klugemonkey

Supporter

8. klugemonkey

Supporter

Bug Fixes & Important Changes

9. klugemonkey

Supporter

If you get an exception, please re-download since the 1.1.6 version went out without the shaded jars. I've since updated but some might have downloaded before I could update.

10. klugemonkey

Supporter

11. klugemonkey

Supporter

Locale Fixes & Aliases

12. It would be so nice to support name: and lore: also, or if it's already supporting, tell me how i should write them inside the config.

Thanks - Zayon

13. Would it not be better to merge all your plugin into one and allow the player to customize the economy xD

14. klugemonkey

Supporter

@Zayon, not yet. Still need to add those.

15. klugemonkey

Supporter

I've been asked this question over and over.

I started with gold bank, then iron bank, then emerald bank, then diamond bank, then piggy bank. Individual ones allow players to find quickly what they want when searching, and eliminates the need to configure for the starter server owner. The piggy bank was added for customized items (someone also wanted leather)...

Reduce Configuration

The intention was not to set out initially to make a "do everything" economy plugin that requires sifting through tons of configuration options just to figure out how to setup an item based economy for gold. Rather, the goal of the plugin is to be as simple as possible. Download it, drop it in and it works with the default settings - for the intended purpose. That isn't possible at all with a "do everything" plugin. For the beginner server owner, making it simple for installing an economy is an important point. We want to make the process of setting up a server and playing Minecraft on Spigot as an enjoyable as possible.

Effective Search Results

Also, searching on "gold economy" provides results based on the name and tag line, so it's showing up properly on the first page of listings.

Support the Basics

I started with gold and iron versions of the plugin, then also made emerald and diamond. Those cover the basic currency items. I added the PiggyBank because someone asked for one that could use a custom item, and another asked for one that used leather.

I have no intention to make one for each item, contrary to popular belief. Although, technically it could vault me up into the top spot on number of plugins developed.

Item Based not Fiat Based

I am hesitant to create one that combines iron, gold, diamonds and emerald, because the plugin is designed with the concept of a base item as the currency, not multiple. Once you get multiple, you have the issues of how you label the total value of the currency items. It's no longer "he has 10 gold" but "he has 10 gold, 3 iron and 4 diamonds" as his balance. Either that or it becomes a fiat currency where you are now using some other term like "simoleans" or "dollars" or "euros" that is not indicative of the item, and frankly doesn't integrate well into the game.

Also, the way the plugin is written with an emphasis on both currency in the bank and currency on hand, means that when you purchase something it can come from either and it may not match the denominations perfectly. So if an item costs 2 gold (nuggets) and you have a bar of gold, well you get 7 gold (nuggets) back. That becomes really complex with multiple currency types each with different values.

While it would be possible to have the 4 different currency types all in the same plugin, the problem is that to purchase something set at a particular value, say 50 iron, might mean something entirely different in gold value. So how do plugins handle that? All items must price the item in a single currency. You can't do that without a fiat currency.

Pure Item Based Economy

While a pure item based economy should not allow the transaction unless you have exact change, and should give the seller the same amounts of denominations (number of ingots, bars and blocks) that the buyer provided, I chose not to implement this yet since it makes it much more complex. I probably won't be adding this feature because Vault expects a single denomination type. If there is another economy API that supports multiple denominations, I might consider.

Finally, a real pure item-based economy should not allow global vault transactions unless you are interacting with an in-game item like a chest or another person. But, I'll leave that decision up to the server owner.

16. klugemonkey

Supporter

Bug Fix & Currency Item Attributes

17. klugemonkey

Supporter

The 1.1.9 release now support those. Please look at the default config.yml for the format (it's also listed now on the overview page). One thing to note that when you specify enchantments, don't put the '-' in front of level. The '-' should only be at the start of a new enchantment, however each enchantment has both ench: and level: keys.

18. klugemonkey

Supporter

I have not tested this yet with any of the plugins that do custom items in resource packs. If you have chance to try it with those kind of plugins, please let me know how well it works. Thanks.

19. Could you just add the ability to have multiple custom item currencies that have a value or worth vs. Each other? Multiple counters rather than just 1. Config would still not be complicated... just add the values of one variable the others and each their own config section.

20. klugemonkey

Supporter

Could you be more specific as to how you would use?