The Right Hosting Company

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Bluephoenixxb, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Does anyone know of a good hosting company to fit these specs? I'm a noob and I don't know what any of these terms mean like VPS and dedicated so please help?
    Budget:30$-40$
    BungeeCord:Yes
    Plugins:50-70
    Players:50-100
    Ram:4gbs
    Amnt of servers: 5-7
    If I'm stupid please tell me I'm very new
    Also whats a VPS and Dedicated mean?? and is ScalaCube a good choice it seems like it is 3$/1GB of ram?

2. With a dedicated server you get the entire machine to your self. It's essentially a powerful computer located in a datacenter somewhere that's all yours to use. VPS stands for virtual private server, and with this you're given a "chunk" of a larger dedicated server shared with other VPSes. VPSes are cheaper and are a great starting point unless you've got too many players for a little VPS to handle. Chances are if you don't know what these are you don't know how to use them. Of course there's no reason you shouldn't try to learn how to use these, however if you're just looking to get a small/medium Minecraft server set up with minimal work look into shared MC hosting. There are plenty of good ones out there. Do your research whichever route you take, and remember to not just go after the cheapest offering. If you have questions about a specific host you're looking at feel free to ask here and I'm sure there's a lot of us with experience with the host in question and can give you some good feedback.

3. What does anyone have on ScalaCube? They seem trustworthy but I don't want to get scammed.

4. If you want 50-100 plugins and 50-100 players, you would obviously need more than 4 GB. Plus, you want an entire bungeecord network. There's a good chance that you will need about 12GB+ total since
    a) one Spigot server runs about 768MB by itself
    b) some players tend to do a lot of exploring, meaning more RAM
    c) some plugins are pretty big...

Unless you have confirmed that you WILL have 50-100 players, start smaller with only a server and then grow bigger, because I guarantee you, it will cost a lot of $$$.

5. Try build my block here https://buildmyblock.com/ . I can vouch for them, for the 2 months I've been doing bussiness with them, they wen't down twice. The first time they went down for 20 minutes, sent me an e-mail right away, and had it back up before I even noticed. The second time was for upgrades, they notified me weeks ahead of time, said it would b down for 4 hours, and it was only 45 minutes or so it was down. Very professional people.

I also like the price. I have an 8gig minecraft server with 65 gigs of storage multicraft control panel, and FTP access for 98 dollars a year. That's less than a quarter of the price of others. They also have DDR4 memory and intel xeon E5 processors and experience no lag even though I'm across a pond. (there in England, I'm on the west coast US)

They also have VPN and dedicated servers as well so if you need something that's good and cheap give them a shout out!

6. For lotta players you need atleast a good i7 or something related to run with multiple plugins, recommended is 30 plugins or less.