Thinking about Free Website Hosting?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Ethernity4ever, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Hello everyone.

I am thinking about starting up a little project to offer some promising new servers a chance to get some free website hosting, a subdomain maybe? and even a possible cheap domain as a start up boost until they get their feet on the ground.

Would anyone be interested in such a service?
    I don't wanna rely waste my time making something like this for nothing :)

2. It's not that it's a bad idea it's just that it's already being done. There are hundreds of free services out there that offer free web hosting / sub-domains. The real kicker would be if you could offer very small yet free server hosting. Allowing more users who have nothing to get started in something.

Obviously limits would have to be put in place that severely limit the functionality of each server, after all it can get costly to run servers. Maybe something like max of 10 people for free server and only X amount of plugins...idk.

As for the websites, there are plenty out there, I personally wouldn't spend time starting another one.

3. I already do a similar thing for my friends and you could turn it into a business if people need a larger plan than what you offer for free.

4. I never actually thought of turning it into a business.

Just a nice thing to do to help out people.