1.15.2 Thinking of making a bedwars plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by superblaze27, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Do you think someone needs to make another bedwars plugin?

1. YES! We need a new and fixed one!/we need one that works

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No.. there are plenty/leave it up to hypixel

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. I'm thinking about making a bedwars/eggwars plugin that pretty much adds some cool new features to existing bedwars/eggwars games. Don't know what quite yet, but I'll think about that tomorrow. Just wanted some feedback on what should be in the plugin and if this is like even worth it. What features do you want to see that aren't in current plugins or servers?

If I decide it's too hard to do, I'll definitely go ahead and make a skywars plugin because that should be way more simple. I was actually thinking of making my concept in skript then writing it in java once it's perfected, but I'm not a huge fan of skript at all and skript obviously has limits.

I'm doing this because pretty much all authors have stopped making minigame plugins and minigame servers are dying. I want to try to bring them back.

Any libraries I should take advantage of? What are some good places to start on a plugin like this? I was thinking working on generators, player joins and arenas, and world management all separately then bringing them together wither other code to make the plugin. I'm really thinking of making the generators a whole separate plugin that works with my plugin so that other players may use it on their server and plugins for other reasons.

Not really sure yet and I'm exhausted right now (I pulled an all nigher, and I still have so much hw to do)
    Would love to hear back from y'all!

2. Why not : D
    It's always great to have a plugin you can do stuff with yourself. No matter how many plugins of this type exist, every of them is unique and lets the user pick the one that fits to their flavours. I think Bedwars can be done without any libraries because bukkit already offers a lot and it's less complicated for the user to set things up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [/QUOTE]
    I completely agree, if you want to make a Bedwars/Skywars plugin, go for it! There's really no reason why you shouldn't. (Unless you have other things that are more important to do, or you just don't want to.)

This isn't entirely true, Hypixel stays at a minimum of 25,000 players.

4. I mean I know nothing about bedwars but if you want to do it go for it that experience under your belt and you will probably learn something new too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 加入WitherBow

6. I completely agree, if you want to make a Bedwars/Skywars plugin, go for it! There's really no reason why you shouldn't. (Unless you have other things that are more important to do, or you just don't want to.)

This isn't entirely true, Hypixel stays at a minimum of 25,000 players.[/QUOTE]

Currently the minigames are dying