This is something an expert need to see....

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Ms_Killer01, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Hi all,
    I have a question that I can not find an answer to...
    Recently I build for our servers a new hub, new world, keeping plugins sharp, check, check and check....
    The weird thing is, the hub has the least plugins of all servers.... so this is a no brainer you would think, that's what I thought too. Before I changed the hub, the old one crashed when touching the console, and I did literally everything there to find the culprit.
    Now on our new hub, the same thing happens if I touch the console (I mean trying to type a command) and it crashes.....
    This is now what I get in the console:
    Code (Text):
    [09:29:34] [Server console handler/ERROR]: Caught previously unhandled exception :
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/craftbukkit/libs/jline/console/ConsoleReader$2
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:2605) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3180-Spigot-38e6c03-ca0fe5b]
            at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer$1.run(DedicatedServer.java:130) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3180-Spigot-38e6c03-ca0fe5b]
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader$2
            at jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:636) ~[?:?]
            at jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:182) ~[?:?]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:519) ~[?:?]
            ... 2 more
    Plugins used are: LuckPerms, SonezSpawnJoin, DeluxeHub, BlockLocker, PlugMan, WorldBorder, Vault, SimplePortals, ProtocolLib, Statz, WorldEdit, WorldEditSUI, Essentials, Plan, EssentialsGeoIP
    Does anyone can explain why this only happens on our hub? and not on the other four servers???

On this new Hub I can exit this crash by clicking on the cross (X) on the top right of the console screen, it asks me then to stop the batch job, I can go from there on.... It still puzzles me....

Searches on internet even got me into the paper spigot area, but no answer there too.....
    Anyone?

2. I cringed so hard when I saw "PlugMan" in the list of plugins...
    I don't know if that's the problem, but getting rid of it would be the first thing I'd do.

3. This error means a piece of code (jline in this case) is missing from the environment. Either your server jar file was not built correctly or you need to supply jline on the classpath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @DMan16, I use it on all our servers, makes a lot simpler during running hours, on other server absolutely no problem.....(Ps. had pluginmanager but I switched with permission from the big guy to plugman.... it worked better and had better credentials....
    @Jannyboy11 Same as previous, I build the server.jar and copy it to all our servers.. So this error should then also appear on other servers, it does not.
    Did I told you that I had this only on the hub server, and never on any other server? even after I excluded all plugins?, and still only server.jar gave this error after a while, not direct after I start her, but after a few hours running or so.....

So this is a very weird case.....
    Might it has something to do that the hub directs to the other servers? I thought about that too, but it makes no sense, simple portals did the job then, and it does now sends you to other servers, when simple portals is not running, in other words: without plugins, it still can crash after a while..... it is very strange...
    [09:29:53] I restarted from crash.....
    >tps
    [15:31:51] [Server thread/INFO]: TPS from last 1m, 5m, 15m: *20.0, *20.0, *20.0
    [15:31:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Current Memory Usage: 874/1024 mb (Max: 1024 mb)
    ....and it still runs....

Thanks guys/galls, I still have hope for the right answer...

Oh, ps, I even changed the hardware where it was running on..... no change...

5. Had just running an update of spigot.jar when I ordered the HUB to ' stop'... It gave this message:
    Code (Text):
    [13:32:38] [Server thread/WARN]: Unexpected exception while parsing console command "stop"
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing 'stop' in org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.command.VanillaCommandWrapper(stop)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:156) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:760) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:745) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.handleCommandQueue(DedicatedServer.java:475) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:439) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:1202) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.x(MinecraftServer.java:1035) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$0(MinecraftServer.java:303) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831) [?:?]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mojang/brigadier/context/CommandContextBuilder
            at com.mojang.brigadier.CommandDispatcher.parse(CommandDispatcher.java:347) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at com.mojang.brigadier.CommandDispatcher.execute(CommandDispatcher.java:176) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.commands.CommandDispatcher.a(CommandDispatcher.java:273) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.command.VanillaCommandWrapper.execute(VanillaCommandWrapper.java:45) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:149) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mojang.brigadier.context.CommandContextBuilder
            at jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:636) ~[?:?]
            at jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:182) ~[?:?]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:519) ~[?:?]
            at com.mojang.brigadier.CommandDispatcher.parse(CommandDispatcher.java:347) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at com.mojang.brigadier.CommandDispatcher.execute(CommandDispatcher.java:176) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at net.minecraft.commands.CommandDispatcher.a(CommandDispatcher.java:273) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.command.VanillaCommandWrapper.execute(VanillaCommandWrapper.java:45) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:149) ~[spigot-1.17.1.jar:3181-Spigot-38e6c03-ed2b91c]
            ... 8 more
    >
    maybe this tells a bit more.....

6. It's essentially the same issue. your server jar is not complete, but now it's missing the Brigadier command library.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Please please please tell me how it is that it gives this error when after some period (or an update to put there) I try to press a key to give the STOP command on this server, while the same file, THE SAME FILE, goes to all five servers, and only the HUB is doing this, the smallest, the least plugins of them all?????
    I really think your answer is valid, but what bro? I do not understand why the same file does it in this folder on the same volume of the same server where all the others reside..... I do not get it......

8. Is this a 'Built by You' server.jar? Or, are you downloading a copy from somewhere?
    Is there a plugin which is processing your 'stop' command?
    DO NOT use any Plugin Manager, they are hazardous to any server!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. build your own jar using buildtools, thats your only issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. @Goldentoenail and @Maxx_Qc, both, I build via buildtools, which I keep up to date, regularly, and according to earlier advice, I removed the plugin manager from the hub's pluginlist, it seems to run better now.... If this is so dangerous @Goldentoenail, then why, and can you tell me more? because I had earlier another that did not work well, and this one is better in handling things... So can you tell me why it is so hazardous as you state? (I'm just trying to understand things here (-: so... thanks..)

11. Did you replace the server jar file while the server was still running?

12. Don't just take my word for it. Why do you think this meaasage is given in RED?
    upload_2021-7-19_23-25-0.png
    So called Plugin reloaders often have no idea of how a plugin is managing some critical data.
    I think that they attempt to make thier best guess by monitoring memory fragments and drive storage calls.

13. ehm, no? You should get a whole bunch of other crap if you would attempt that..... No, we (I, as in me) never done that...

14. This message I did saw, but I could not find out where that came from.... but then again, I am still learning this stuff.....
    I wonder why they accept to put plugins on spigotmc.org if they know they could do harm or cause tedious long back and forward talking about the plugin and its effect? Then is there no regulator, a moderator who steps in?
    Well, anyhow, it is just like Apple's Appstore, there are also apps that are bad and were accepted... As long as they don't ransom or something through plugins, it is a bit safe.... I hope....
    Thanks for the insight

15. This is actually worse than Apple Appstore. They do make money with the Appstore, SpigotMC does not. Appstore does check every App before getting published, this happens here only for Premium plugins for customer protection reasons. Free plugins could be malware of many sorts, unless reported, they might not have been looked at. Optic_Fusion1 tho sometimes doing mass scans or scans of recently updated plugins, he recently got to be a Resource Moderator here.

Usually reloading doesn't cause issues like the one you experienced here.

16. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Yee, other than that it's possible to get malware on here.
    I've got 400+ since 2019

17. Well, after a day or two, without that plugman, I thought the server HUB was running smooth, until now when I needed to update the spigot server jar, being 7 versions behind, I got this in the console,
    Code (Text):

Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Server console handler"

and I can only close the window and restart manually.... Not what I expected...

18. Yeah this error is probably caused by your server.jar, I don't really recommend building your own if that's what you did (since it can cause many many problems like this one).

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Building the jar file on your own with BuildTools like usual does NEVER cause such issues.

And every other method of obtaining a spigot jar file is ILLEGAL and may not be promoted or linked to in this forum.

• Agree Agree x 1