Suggestion Thread Trashing

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by 24763, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    Similar to a known marketplace website, I think it would be nice if we would be allowed to 'trash' a thread. Of course this doesn't delete it permanently delete (for staff reasons). It'll move the thread to a private node that staff can only see, then removes the message count for the user.

If you accidentally delete something or wish to just remove for any reason then easily able to - and staff can restore threads where needed.

2. Weaves

Resource Staff

But why?

3. Useful for anything, you make a post in the wrong section? You ask for help then straight away figure it out before someone responds etc.

4. Xenforo already has similar deletion features as far as I know, minus being able to delete your own threads. I'm sure you could request a mod to delete a thread, though.

5. True, staff would still be able to see - must be a public addon for the other forum to use - doubt it’s something custom made.

6. DavidDevelops

Supporter

Just report the thread and name it "Delete"

7. md_5

Administrator Developer

No we will not allow user deletion of threads.
    You just want this so you can delete the bad reviews on your services thread anyway.

• Winner Winner x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.