TickingEntity error when opening in-game GUI menus

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by jeretman123, Jun 14, 2021.

  1. Posting this here because this is not a specific plugin problem. After updating to 1.17, any time a plugin attempts to open its own in game GUI menu (IridiumSkyblock, KitPVP, Anti-Xray, etc) I get a crash:

    Description: Ticking entity
    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
    at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Preconditions.java:64)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Preconditions.java:70)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Preconditions.java:266)
    at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Objects.java:359)
    at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.core.NonNullList.get(SourceFile:46)
    at net.minecraft.world.inventory.Container.b(Container.java:272)
    at net.minecraft.world.inventory.Container.d(Container.java:228)
    at net.minecraft.server.level.EntityPlayer.tick(EntityPlayer.java:588)
    at net.minecraft.server.level.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:815)
    at net.minecraft.world.level.World.a(World.java:692)
    at net.minecraft.server.level.WorldServer.lambda$11(WorldServer.java:527)
    at net.minecraft.world.level.entity.EntityTickList.a(SourceFile:54)
    at net.minecraft.server.level.WorldServer.doTick(WorldServer.java:508)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:1296)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:436)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:1199)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.x(MinecraftServer.java:1026)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$0(MinecraftServer.java:307)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831)

    It looks like these plugins are all trying to access an array that has moved. I've updated the former two plugins I listed above, so I don't think the problem is with them. I have no idea where the module is for this plugin functionality. I moved from 1.16.5 Paper btw, my thought is somewhere something must be still configured for that, but it has to be something other than the plugins, which I've updated and regenerated all the config files for. The plugins might be reading whatever this thing is and are consequently setting themselves up wrong.
     
  2. rebuild your Spigot jar, this was a bug that was fixed a while ago