Suggestion Tighter Rules For RMS

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by saphiria, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saphiria

Artist

Hey,

I think we might need to make some more "defined" rules for the RMS section. Mainly on comments. Like maybe we could have a template to go off of for making a thread, and for even posting a reply. Or just simply sticky a post on proper educate for this forum topic. Mainly because I personally feel there is more "flame" (is that proper term?) wars there than anywhere else. Mainly with the poster disagreeing with the people rating. But I think it would help to make it more "strict".. I feel like 50% of the RMS threads i reply to turn into wars. I am apart of them myself, and I've gotten really pissed of. It would save moderators a lot of work not having to clean out every thread.

EDIT: Possible Post
    Title: RMS Forum etiquette

I would like to remind you that our rules still apply, and I suggest you give them a quick read. When you make a thread in the RMS thread, please try to include these two basic necessities.
    1. Your server IP and/or your website URL
    2. Some basic information about your server
    Let me also tell you some things you should know. First, you posted the thread, so if you get an opinion that you disagree with please don't start a war, just accept the fact that they thought that personally, maybe take that opinion into account, and move on. There is no need for a war. It just makes more work for the moderators. I would also like to remind you that continuous abuse the RMS section will result in the punishments as shown on the rules page.

We ask members to be vigilant in the posts they make, and to please refrain from making derogatory comments, and if you see posts that need to be removed, please report the thread instead of tagging, or replying to the thread.

Thanks for reading,
    ~ Saphiria

EDIT:
    Examples

This is a few of many, many, many posts... Hope this helps for supporting my idea.

Toodles,
    ~ Saphiria

#1 saphiria, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. I want to support this suggestion!

• Like Like x 1
  3. saphiria

Artist

Examples

This is a few of many, many, many posts... Hope this helps for supporting my idea.

EDIT:
    Good Choice! :D

Tootles,
    ~ Saphiria

#3 saphiria, May 29, 2015
  4. np

• Like Like x 1
  5. saphiria

Artist

What do you think the "new" topic rules should say?

6. I agree, though I do not advise closing it down, my server received plenty of feedback/hateful comments that made me kinda depressed for a while, but who cares? I got back up and I am working on developing a premium plugin and working to help others with plugin setup as in my signature indicates to generate money to buy a dedicated server for my server. I consider it dead as of now and I seek to make it better and ever more professional. Its cold but true, not alot of hate comments are needed, but sometimes you need it to wake people up from thinking their server is great when in reality it needs alot of help. Sorry for the run on sentence XD.

• Like Like x 1
  7. saphiria

Artist

I agree completely, i mainly mean don't get all worked up on some comments that you disagree with. You asked for opinions and you got them, right? Also did i say somewhere to close the thread? If so i didn't mean to.

8. No im just saying for those who get ideas to close it down because of this, its kinda stupid.

Oh but I want to suggest making a alert or bracketed title somewhere saying:

[WARNING] Potential Harsh Criticism! Do not post if not ready! [WARNING]

#8 zDrakon, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. saphiria

Artist

This is the general idea

Title: RMS Forum etiquette

I would like to remind you that our rules still apply, and I suggest you give them a quick read. When you make a thread in the RMS thread, please try to include these two basic necessities.
    1. Your server IP and/or your website URL
    2. Some basic information about your server Ex. Features, average players, server specs, etc.
    Let me also tell you some things you should know. First, you posted the thread, so if you get an opinion that you disagree with please don't start a war, just accept the fact that they thought that personally, maybe take that opinion into account, and move on. There is no need for a war. It just makes more work for the moderators. I would also like to remind you that continuous to abuse the RMS section will result in the punishments as shown on the rules page.

We ask members to be vigilant in the posts they make, and to please refrain from making derogatory comments, and if you see posts that need to be removed, please report the thread instead of tagging, or replying to the thread.

Thanks for reading,
    ~ Saphiria

Please tell me if you have any other ideas for this...

#9 saphiria, May 29, 2015
  10. Basic information could be some features your server offers, how many daily players possibly, has a dedicated server, etc.
    =) Anyone like this idea?

11. saphiria

Artist

I do, and of you know how to do sub bullet points?

12. =/ no... ;_; Im a failure! XD

13. saphiria

Artist

I can't get it to work either.... I used to be able to.

EDIT: I wonder what @jflory7 thinks about this... I saw that he was last seen viewing it.. :D

#13 saphiria, May 29, 2015
  14. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

This forum was created as a trial run in the first place, as we weren't sure if this kind of thing would begin to happen. I think if it's going to become such a hassle to maintain and (1) people can't give friendly constructive criticism, and (2) original posters can't learn to take criticism without taking personal offense, then it might be time to retire the section. Creating rules and guidelines for a section largely based on personal opinions and points of view will be next to impossible – no matter how much you encourage following the guidelines, users will still get in "flame wars" and fights over silly things, but if you delete posts, then it the concern is "censorship" and not being able to express those same points of view. I think if it's going to be a problem, it might be time to retire the section and move it into the Archived Forums.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. saphiria

Artist

Edited the possible post, and i would also like to say credit to @brajo, because i took part of his post in the off topic section, and edited it to my needs.

Please don't do this. I would respect you decision if you did, but i did not intend to do this at all in my post... Please don't do that because of my post. I would feel so bad. RMS is one of the only places we who are not the best at programing, or whatever its called can help. :D

16. I rather enjoy RMS's. I feel if you fail to follow the rules, or go off topic a lot you should be temp-banned for a time, or banned all together. Don't punish the people who properly use the forums.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. =O no nonoononononono this is exactly what I wanted to be avoided! Because if you do, people will have no way of waking up out of their dreams thinking their server is okay or awesome! They need to wake up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. saphiria

Artist

Yes, i agree. I even took part in the "flame-wars" but if you got more strict it would make users like me :D realize that we need to use self-control.

^

Let me edit that last post, i worded it horrible.

EDIT: Okay, done.

19. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

This is the current system, and I feel like it works fairly well. Obviously not every thread will stay on-topic, but the threads that don't should be reported and a moderator will clean them up appropriately. The thing that always gets me is when veteran users go and aggravate the situation further by provoking the original poster and making the situation worse – as I always say, the appropriate thing to do is hit the "Report" button and move on, not to personally degrade the other user.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. saphiria

Artist

Im very bad about that... I also want to reply. :( But i agree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.