Too late?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by _000, Jul 29, 2016.

1. I've run multiple servers and all of them have done fairly well. Over the past 2 years, I haven't made any servers and kind of went out of the Minecraft scene. After coming back, I've seen a lot has happened regarding servers in general, game aspects, and of course the EULA.

I'm wanting to create a server again. I've always been great at them, and have a full plan of unique one of a kind features for a Factions server that have never been seen, or are hardly used. My main question is, Is it a good idea to make the server at this time due to the major changes in servers in the past 2 years.

What are new challenges that I would have to over-come, and is it even worth investing my money into? I know the server will do great, just worried about if the recent changes have affected servers in a big way. Any advise is appreciated.

Best Regards,
    _000.

2. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

3. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

It already is, servers that don't comply get blacklisted.

4. You do not need to rely on donations.

The EULA forbids Pay2Win purchases - anything that gives any sort of gameplay/practical benefits to a single player.
    Server-wide perks/buffs and cosmetics are allowed.
    The rule is that all players on the server need to be able to receive the benefits of a gameplay-changing purchase, but it is fairly vague - it can be applied on login, applied by visiting a public location, a command, ect.
    There is plenty of room for smart, player-friendly monetization, enough to support a server with.