TorchSpigot and Hose, what exactly do they do?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by QuestUniverse, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently, we've been looking through different spigot forks andhave found TorchSpigot and HoseSpigot, both of which are supposed to be multlithreaded. We went on AquiferMC, and I found Techcable stating. "As for TorchSpigot, that's a fork that disables thread safety in order to use multiple threads/CPUs. Since the minecraft server wasn't designed to be multithreaded, using it will eventually corrupt your data in ways that are impossible to debug and fix."

Is this true? If so does Hose have the same issue? How bad is the corruption? Is it just a few small chunks here and there?

2. Bump, still trying to figure this out, maybe we need to give md_5 a ping cause after 51 views no ones replied

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. lol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Torch is a fork of Paper, it utilizes multithreading and pretty much just gives you better performance.
    Are you wondering what the Horse entity class is or are you wondering about a server type called Horse?

5. They exist for the sake of existing

6. yessir

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. A minute of silence for OP, last seen 2 years and 19 weeks ago.

8. hmmm is he dead tho

9. torchspigot is now "the akarin project"

10. Lmaoo. I was planning to delete this account but ima just keep it here anyways. The project died a long time ago and I barely do Minecraft stuff anymore. I was just cleaning out my old PC and found a text file full of passwords and decided to log back into them. I don't even remember posting this but i didn't realise this would still be active to this day lmaoo.

Anyways, have a good one!

P.S. discord.gg/mD8fHkc9TW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.