Toxic Ratings

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by ComplexCode, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Thanks to this type of people, we do not admit previous versions, they are people who only live to demand but not to support. I don't want to generalize, but it's not the first time that happens to me.

First, it gives me a 3-star rating, saying "the add-on is good, but can you add support 1.8?" Basically, I am being pressured to admit this version with a bad rating, I say in my specific add-on that it is only compatible with 1.12+.
    Then I tell him not to use the ratings to press, if he simply asked me in a direct message or the discussion thread as normal people, I could have considered it, but no, after that he gives me a 1-star rating.
    and I know that the qualifications are not important, but unfortunately it is the first thing that people notice when they see your complement,
    basically they throw all your work in the trash.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Happens all the time, I just tend to ignore them now

3. People don't get how hard it is so just respond you do it :))))

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's sad that 90% people write reviews only when they don't like plugin. And most of this negative reviews are not written because plugin is bad but because people are getting errors and they give one star instead of writing to the plugin creator for support.
    And giving one star review because there is no support for version that they want... Let's leave this without comment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. After dealing so many dumb people, as long as a resource has at least 2.5 or 3 stars I pretend they have +1 more than they really do since most 1-star reviews are BS and mean no sense/making nothing out of what the author made.

6. It's a number, leave it and move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelPhoenix

First of all, don't name shame forum members please; if a user has broken the forum rules just report it and a staff member will deal with it accordingly.
    Second, any person with a brain reading through reviews just ignores these kind of players, and third, if your plugin is good enough such ratings won't affect the overall rating of the plugin and they will just get lost between other reviews.

TL;DR: Just ignore them or give a sensible response explaining why they are wrong and move on.

Thread locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.