TPS loss without plugins and just main world?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Milenchy, Apr 30, 2017.

1. I recently started experiencing TPS issues while preparing the server, nothing serious, it was ~19.60. I decided to remove all plugins and worlds and just generate a new default world, the TPS stayed the same. Then I decided to move from Paper to Spigot, and from Spigot to Bukkit while resetting all configs, TPS still stayed the same.
    The timings report shows absolutely no server load: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=qomawuyewu
    From this, I came to the conclusion that the problem was not from any plugins, worlds, or configs.

Since I am just starting a server and I am using a shared hosting (will get dedicated hosting in the future), I am wondering if I did something wrong (which I doubt, at this point) or they have. I don't think a single world with 0 players and no plugins can cause a TPS drop by itself. Any idea what the problem might be?

2. Gaxan

Supporter

19.80 is normal. We need to see timings with an actual TPS loss to help.
    Who is your hosting company? Do you have a VPS or hosting package?

3. Normal for a server that has absolutely nothing in it? These timings are with the TPS loss. And I'm using a hosting package from BeastNode

4. Gaxan

Supporter

Mx TPS is 20/20 you are running at 19.86. I don't see a problem.

5. It's likely due to the CPU being overloaded. If you're concerned I would suggest contacting your host asking them to check the CPU loads, or moving to a different host.

6. Ya, CPU is probably overloaded.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Gaxan

Supporter

You have an average of 19.86 TPS which is completely normal considering world save will drop your tps slightly every 10 minutes.

Maybe @electronicboy can explain better.

#7 Gaxan, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  8. There is something on SpigotMC called an Agree rating.

9. I guess a good question would be what are you running the server on.

10. Gaxan

Supporter

Looks like someone needed their 20 post count...