TPS

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Cichusek, Aug 5, 2013.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. joehot200

Supporter

Nope. Nothing much that you can do, running 200+ people on 3.4GHZ really is not going to work, the CPU simply cannot handle that many players. Go to a bungee layout.

Yes there is things you can turn down even more, but there is no magic cure of remove *this* or change *this* and your lag will be gone.
    I suggest you get the 4.5GHZ OverClocked from Intreppid.com

2. joehot200

Supporter

Minecraft Servers can mostly only run on one core, so that would make it MORE laggy!
    I would recommend you switch to a bungee layout, because you probably have at least 2 totally unused cores.

#4 joehot200, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. I don't really understand bungeecord, but this is a skyblock server so the player will have two islands.. i think.

4. joehot200

Supporter

Running a single server on ANY of OVH's boxes you will be unable to get any more players. You will either have to stop growing, or go into a bungeecord layout.

BungeeCord just connects 2 servers together. Because your 1 server can only use 1 core, by having a second server you can double your maximum players without lag. You have 4 cores, so i would recommend 3 servers.

5. But how you can see a skyblock server on bungee? :/
    Players will have a separate island and items on every server..
    Proxy is required, but I think it's to slowly.
    The only way I see it's to make a 2-3 separated servers and hub.

6. joehot200

Supporter

Thats true, it would have to be 2 worlds, so players would have to choose whichever server they have their island on.

7. Hm.. ok, thanks for help :)
    But I have a one another question, it is possible to make one server only for VIPs?

8. joehot200

Supporter

Not sure if BungeePortals has got permissions, ask YoFuzzy3 :)

9. u wot

Most Spigot/Bukkit shit is async along with plugins so it can use the whole CPU quite efficiently, it's just Minecraft that cannot.

10. joehot200

Supporter

I believe the bukkit/spigot main thread can only use one core, there is asychronous threads for things like chat and chunk loading, however >85% of the processing will be done all on one core.

Which is why i recommend 3 servers, and not 4.