Traffic Cones?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Flatty, Jun 6, 2016.

1. So I am a developer for a City-RP server, and I was wondering if there was some sort of plugin that will allow certain players (Police) to place Traffic Cones (Brewing Stands) on all areas of a map no matter what power they have in that area. Then after time these cones would be removed automatically. Any idea what plugin would work for this or would I have to make one?

2. Omnivion

Patron

Never seen a plugin to do this, but it wouldn't be too hard to make. Just forcibly allow the block place event, and record the position / the time it needs to be deleted, and delete the cone at that time. You should make that persistent so that if the server crashes, you don't have random traffic cones everywhere. This offers the added benefit of testing that brewing stands are in fact traffic cones.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Seems like a cool server, what's the IP? Sorry didn't really help you out :/

4. Very good idea! Mind if I code this and release it for free on spigot? It would take me a little bit though XD.

5. Cool thanks!
    mc.realistoccombatgaming.net
    Ask Flatty for money XD

6. I created the plugin for you with the following config:

Code (Text):
    # TRAFFIC CONES CONFIG
    #cone - The traffic cone material name (list of materials here: https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/Material.html)
    #msgenable - Send a message when they place a traffic cone? (Expecting: true/false)
    #msg - Message to send (if enabled above)
    #time - The amount of time (in seconds) until the cone is removed
    cone: BREWING_STAND
    msgenable: true
    msg: "&2You've successfully placed down a traffic cone"
    time: 90
    Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7n49a0tj6l9770w/TrafficCones.jar

• Like Like x 1
  7. You should consider uploading the source somewhere (preferably github), as mystery jars are quite suspicious.

8. Alright, I will once I get home. For now, you can use JD-GUI to decompile it, as it isn't obfuscated.

9. This plugin doesn't work. I don't get any errors or signs of it trying to activate, and I'd really love to use this plugin