Spigot TrainCarts 1.8 1.8

Minecarts redefined

1. Hi there,
    I've added the plugin to my server but both TrainCarts and BKCommonLib are disabled? Any reason for this?
    Thanks,
    Thomas

2. Running on 1.9 or 1.10? BKCommonLib & Traincarts are not compatible with either yet.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. I'm pretty sure they will never be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Creator is really in active.

5. Can someone help me traincarts won't work on my server. Heres what its doing:

6. Running 1.9.4, how can I get it to work?

7. 1.8.8 doesn't work either

8. Are there any errors in the console?

9. Fixed it, had wrong version of BKCommonLib

10. D**n it, this type of complaining will certainly not make the developers want to keep updating the plugin!

Fact 1:
    A 1.9 or 1.10 update does not yet exist nor has a timeline been announced.

Fact 2:
    We are all waiting (more or less patiently) for a 1.9 or 1.10 update.

Fact 3:
    "I WANT, I WANT, I WANT" will not help our cause, at all!

Fact 4:
    Issues with versions that DO work should be posted here:
    https://github.com/bergerhealer/TrainCarts/issues/
    Not in this thread.

Fact 5:
    Criticism towards developers will most certainly not increase their motivation!

Fact 6:
    Some donations towards this plugin might help.

Considering all of this, I would wish for a more constructive atmosphere in this thread as we all desperately -but nonetheless politely- wait for news and updates!

Just my two cents from Germany
    Haudomah-Abdah

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Dear 72juju,

Please see above, Fact 4....

Also, what?

12. Great plugin but when will it be updated to 1.10?

13. It is unlikely to be updated any time soon.

If you're looking for a temporary solution to your railway woes while we wait for Traincarts, I found the following to be helpful for my server while we're waiting on TrainCarts/BKCommonLib:

CraftBook minecart decay mechanic (auto-removes minecarts when players exit them)
    CraftBook Minecart 'MoreRails' mechanic (lets you use pressure plates as passive rail intersections)
    Craftbook Minecart 'ConstantSpeed' mechanic (stops carts slowing down over time)

To spawn carts, I found this useful. If you have essentials installed, stand on the track where you want the cart to spawn and run /getpos to get your current coordinates (or simply press F3 to see them). Then create a new command block with the command: " /summon MinecartRideable X Y Z" where you replace X Y Z with the coordinates of where you want the cart to spawn.

If you want to tag Minecarts, this is also possible! Research scoreboard entity tagging :) you can use command blocks to set tags on a Minecart entity, then you can use a command block later down the track to check for a particular tag and then it could switch the cart onto a different track :)

As a replacement for the Traincarts announce feature, you can use "/tellraw" and "/title" commands - search online to see how these work. There are websites that will generate the commands for you, with fancy colours/formatting!

There's no easy method of auto-routing without Traincarts, or an easy (compact) way to make carts stop at a station for a few seconds and then continue, although @Gouru's "Conductor" plugin looks very promising :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. how can I donate to traincarts? And possibly get dev builds...

15. I hope to see a 1.10 compatible to this plugin, it is great!

• Agree Agree x 1