1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug /trigger command: No permission ?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by TheVicow, May 29, 2015.

1. Hello guys.

I report a little bug:

No player possesses permission to execute /trigger (/trigger {ObjectiveName} {set/add} {number}) if is not OP.
    This command, widely use for tellraw (run_command) or sign is very usefull for a mapmaking.

When a player execute this command, this error appears:
    [​IMG]

This topic talk about this problem: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...d-blocks/2391084-sign-run_command-as-a-player
    but I have not found a bug report to this subject.

Server version: git-Spigot-870264a-0a645a2 (MC 1.8.3)

If you have any solution or a plugin for executing a (console) command usable with a command block, tell me please ! :)

2. Thinkofdeath

Thinkofdeath Retired Developer
    Retired

Due to predicting further exploits with signs and being safe (which turned out to be a good idea) we downgraded signs permission levels. Once we are sure mojang's fix is fine i'll bump it up again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Is there a way we can allow the /trigger command if we wish to? Maybe allow the trigger with a permission?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. How much longer until /trigger is set to a player command (don't have to be op to use it)? Is there any way I can enable it myself on my server either with a permission or changing a config? Where can I read up about the status of this issue?

In the meantime does anyone know of a plugin that I can use that acts like /trigger?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Has this been fixed in the newest version? I'm using 1.7 and still have this problem. I get why you've disabled it but I've made a way to block malicious ways to use the command, and I'd like to enable it for non-ops, but I can't do that...

6. It would be nice if there was a way players could use the /trigger command already............ This bug report is 8 months old... I mean come on... xD. The only reason I use spigot is because of the performance... But the way you guys restrict some of the commands almost makes vanilla and the lag worth it

7. There should be options in the spigot.yml for all of this. even if it was for disabled "Due to predicting further exploits" There should be an option for server owners who have that command tied in to their server to allow players to use it!

8. Hello?!?! Can we please get some feedback on this issue? its been 10 months....almost a year....why cant we have /trigger a permission? I am trying to keep my server 100% vanilla play and players not able to do /trigger is a huge red flag that draws people away from my server.

9. It's been 10 months. Can we please have some feedback here?? I think it's a great idea to have /trigger disabled by default if it prevents exploits, but we should have the option to change that if we wish. It's ridiculous that this is even an issue, and that no change has been made in 11 months.