Trouble accessing the dynmap webpage(at least for some people)

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Generoscity, Dec 2, 2020.

1. HI, a few of my friends can't access the dynmap webpage. For me and another friend, it works. For the others it doesn't. I have port forwarded port 8123 and let the port through my firewall. There is no errors/warnings in the console except this:
    Code (Text):
    [07:50:01 WARN]: [dynmap] cwebp or dwebp not found, or cwebpPath or dwebpPath is invalid: webp format disabled
    There is also this:
    Code (Text):
    [07:49:57 WARN]: Legacy plugin dynmap v3.1-beta5-431 does not specify an api-version.
    How do i fix this?

#1 Generoscity, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  2. I have the same problem

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Same here. Works fine sometimes, and always works locally (localhost). But sometimes I hear from players it isn't working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I too also have the same issue!

5. So, if you look in configuration.txt, you'll see the following:

Code (Text):
    # Default image format for HDMaps (png, jpg, jpg-q75, jpg-q80, jpg-q85, jpg-q90, jpg-q95, jpg-q100, webp, webp-q75, webp-q80, webp-q85, webp-q90, webp-q95, webp-q100),
    # Note: any webp format requires the presence of the 'webp command line tools' (cwebp, dwebp) (https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/download)
    #
    # Has no effect on maps with explicit format settings
    image-format: jpg-q90

# If cwebp or dwebp are not on the PATH, use these settings to provide their full path.  Do not use these settings if the tools are on the PATH
    # For Windows, include .exe
    #
    #cwebpPath: /usr/bin/cwebp
    #dwebpPath: /usr/bin/dwebp
    cwebp and dwebp are webp image files. I see this as an expected warning if you don't have it enabled. Dev should have probably suppressed it if if you're using jpg or png formatting...

6. OK thanks. This helps.