Trouble with Metadata Item Models

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by d1m0a1n, Apr 19, 2017.

1. I'm trying to get gun models set up, and I want to have them all on one item using durability/metadata. I've been looking around and can't find a good guide on using metadata to change the model. I've found how to do it with durability on items like a wood sword, but that shows the durability bar and the item can still be used, lowering the durability and changing the model. Could anyone help me out with using metadata, on items like records if possible, or any plugin for this. Thanks

2. -1 Durability, -2 durability, -3... Infinite models and the durability doesnt change

Besides that I am pretty sure there is a way to make specific items that count as standalone (My friend told me something along these lines) which you could give your guns specific names for specific textures.

3. Are you able to elaborate on how I would set the item in the resource pack for a negative durability? The range for setting durability goes from 0%-100%.

Also, how do you go about spawning the -1 durability items? I got a sword that had -1/x, and it broke after one hit.

4. Alright well, I heard that items under 0 durability are immortal, but whatever.

I have no idea how texture packs work so I was throwing assumptions/guesses