[TUTORIAL] Installing Multicraft 2.0 on CentOS 6

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Foxvific, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Foxvific

Supporter

Welcome to a installation guide on installing the new version of Multicraft (2.0) on CentOS 6 as it's a commonly used OS nowadays for running Minecraft servers.

Without further ado, shall we get started?

1. We're going to have to install MySQL on our server using the following command:
    Code (Text):
    yum install mysql mysql-server
    There we go, easy peasy? Well, you won't believe how easy this gets.

2. Alright, we're going to have to configure MySQL to start on server boot up, in case of any emergency crashes.
    Code (Text):
    chkconfig --levels 235 mysqld on
    service mysqld start[CODE]

Well, that was easy, wasn't it?

3. Alright, you're gonna have to setup MySQL, I won't guide you through this as it'll be easy to understand once you look at it.

[CODE]mysql_secure_installation
    Enter your password and ta-da, you've settled up MySQL. Do make sure you remember the password, as it'll be vital for entering phpmyadmin later.

We're gonna need to install apache and php for handling the multicraft code later, so let's install that stuff.
    Code (Text):
    yum install httpd php5
    Ta-da, PHP & Apache installed.

Alright, the same with MySQL goes for apache, set it to start on boot.
    Code (Text):
    chkconfig --levels 235 httpd on
    /etc/init.d/httpd start
    There's two PHP extensions you could use when installing Multcraft, let's install those.
    Code (Text):
    yum install php-mysql php-gd
    7. Let's restart apache.
    Code (Text):
    service httpd restart
    Time to install PHPMyAdmin, which will be used for creating databases.
    Use the 4 following commands:
    Code (Text):
    cd /tmp
    wget http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
    rpm -ivh epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
    yum install phpmyadmin

Now, we're going to have to configure PhpMyAdmin to be accessible for users other than root, we're going to use nano to do this.
    If you don't already have nano, use the following command to install it:
    Code (Text):
    yum install nano

When that's finished, we will now configure phpmyadmin.
    Do the following command:
    Code (Text):
    nano /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf
    After that, find the following lines:
    PHP:
    IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    # Apache 2.2
     Order Deny,Allow
      Deny from All
      Allow from 127.0.0.1
      Allow from ::1
    /IfModule>
    and change deny to allow.
    (AKA Change Deny from All to Allow from All)

10. We're finished installing phpmyadmin! Now we're going to have to restart apache.
    Code (Text):
    service httpd restart

11. Alright, time to login to phpmyadmin and create our databases.
    You're gonna login to your phpmyadmin from ip-address/phpmyadmin and login with root.
    Create two databases:
    multicraft_panel & multicraft_dameo
    and you're finished with that.

12. Now, we're going to install Java, which is the final step before installing Multicraft itself.
    Install Java using the following command:
    Code (Text):
    yum install java-1.7.0-openjdk
    Alright, we've finished installing Java. Good job people, time to install multicraft now!

13. Alright, start downloading Multicraft 2.0.0 using the following command.
    Code (Text):
    wget http://www.multicraft.org/download/index?arch=linux64&version=2.0.0-pre13
    Okay, we're now going to unpack the file using the command:
    Code (Text):
    tar xvzf multicraft-2.0.0-pre13-64.tar.gz
    Okay, now we'll move into the multicraft folder
    Code (Text):
    cd multicraft

and run the installation process
    Code (Text):
    ./setup.sh

and behind the spoiler, you'll see the installation process and what to enter.
    *** Welcome to Multicraft!
    `This installer will help you get Multicraft up and running.
    No changes are made to the system until all of the required information has been collected.
    `NOTE: This script automates the installation as described on the Multicraft website. Use it at your own risk.`
    Run each Minecraft server under its own user? (Multicraft will create system users): [y]/nPress ENTER
    Run Multicraft under this user: [minecraft]Press ENTER
    User not found. Create user 'minecraft' on start of installation? [y]/nPress ENTER
    Install Multicraft in: [/home/minecraft/multicraft]Press ENTER
    If you have a license key you can enter it now: [no]Enter your license key if you have one and continue, or press ENTER
    If you control multiple machines from one control panel you need to assign each daemon a unique ID (requires a Dynamic or custom license). Daemon ID? [1]Press ENTER
    `Will the PHP frontend run on this machine? [y]/n` **Press ENTER** `User of the webserver: [apache]` **Press ENTER** `Location of the PHP frontend: [/var/www/html/multicraft]` **Press ENTER**
    Enable builtin FTP server? [y]/nPress ENTER
    IP the FTP server will listen on (empty for same as daemon): [108.61.212.243]
    FTP server port: [21]Press ENTER
    Block FTP upload of .jar files and other executables (potentially dangerous plugins)? [y]/n nPress n, then ENTER
    `What kind of database do you want to use? [sqlite]/mysql mysql` **Type mysql, then press ENTER**
    NOTE: This is for the daemon config, the front end has an installation routine for database configuration and initialization.
    Database host: [127.0.0.1]
    Database name: [multicraft_daemon]
    Daase user: [root]
    Database password: [] YourPasswordEnter your MySQL password, and press ENTER
    `***` `*** Please use the control panel to initialize the database.` `***`
    NOTE: Any running daemon will be stopped!
    Ready to install Multicraft. Start installation? [y]/nPress ENTER
    `***` `*** INSTALLING`
    (Trimmed verbose output here)
    *** Installation complete!
    `PLEASE READ:`
    Before starting the daemon you need to run the control panel installer to initialize your database. (example: http://your.address/multicraft/install.php)
    `The daemon WILL NOT work correctly as long as the database hasn't been initialized.`
    `After running the control panel installer start the daemon using the following command:`
    /home/minecraft/multicraft/bin/multicraft -v start
    `If there are any issues, please check the log file: '/home/minecraft/multicraft/multicraft.log'`
    After reading the instructions above, press [Enter] to continue.Press ENTER
    ``
    In case you want to rerun this script you can save the entered settings.
    Save entered settings? ([y]/n)Press ENTER
    Saving settings to 'setup.config'.

14. Panel Configuration
    Alright, we're done setting up basically everything. Now you go to iphere/multicraft and we choose the following.

**WARNING**
    The following lines were borrowed from a website, please be advised.

When you arrive at the Database 1: PANEL page, you will want to select MySQL from the database type drop-down, then fill in the required data, including your password. Press SAVE AND TEST to initialize the database.

Once the database is initialized, you can continue to the next step of logging into the panel. The username is admin and the password is admin.

Once logged in, press CONTINUE, and head to the next database section Database 2: DAEMON. Again, select MySQL, fill in the required data, then press CONTINUE.

You are now directed to the last page, Settings. The only configuration needed here is to set "Administrator contact Email" to your email address. Then press SAVE.

Okay, after we're done configuring the panel. We'll start the daemon and you're finished installing Multicraft.
    Code (Text):
    /home/minecraft/multicraft/bin/multicraft -v start

Thanks for looking at my multicraft installation guide, and i'll be sure to create more in the future.

#1 Foxvific, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Nice but how do you find Multicraft 2.0 and how dose it look any way?

3. Foxvific

Supporter

It adds a new UI, a beautiful UI, and some more changelogs :)
    And you can find Multicraft 2.0 on the official multicraft site.
    www.multicraft.org

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. How do you go Multicraft 1.0 to Multicraft 2.0

5. Foxvific

Supporter

I'll do it for you manually! PM'd on skype :)

6. I did not get the msg yet

7. Foxvific

Supporter

Had to restart Ryan's mac, PM'd

8. I can't find any screenshots, or where to change from 1.0 to 2.0.0.

9. Foxvific

Supporter

Thank you guys for all your wonderful feedback! :)
    Please suggest more tutorials I should create, and PM me or ask for a PM on my profile for a FREE manual installation!

10. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

I'd recommend using PHP 5.5 and a newer version of MySQL (maybe 5.5 also), the default with CentOS 6 doesn't work with PhpMyAdmin out of the box I am fairly sure.

11. Foxvific

Supporter

Yeah, I'll edit the wiki to say use the following command:
    Code (Text):
    yum install php5
    It's a more updated version.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey, @empshock, nice tutorial, can u make a small tutorial how update phpmyadmin?

in my case i get this:
    Version Information : 4.3.10 , the latest version : 4.4.12
    What u suggest?

13. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Since empshock is offline right now (I think) I'll reply, an easy way would be to manually download the latest version from their site and move it to your web directory. Just don't have the old version installed from yum install. EPEL repo doesn't have the latest version currently it looks like, so there's no way to update through that (I don't think).

wget https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.4.12/phpMyAdmin-4.4.12-english.zip -O /var/www/html/phpmyadmin.zip
    unzip phpmyadmin.zip
    rm -rf phpmyadmin.zip
    mv phpMyAdmin-4.4.12-english phpmyadmin
    cp /var/www/html/phpmyadmin/config.sample.inc.php /var/www/html/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. In case with install phpmyadmin (yum install phpMyAdmin) ?

15. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

I'm not sure what you mean, if you did yum install phpmyadmin just do yum remove phpmyadmin. You shouldn't really need to update phpmyadmin though, his guide should get everything working regardless.

16. Could you possibly write another tutorial on updating from 1.8 to 2.0? Thanks!

17. Foxvific

Supporter

The link I used for the phpmyadmin version was a bit outdated, look over here.

18. Foxvific

Supporter

If you mean 1.0 to 2.0, sure!

19. Foxvific

Supporter

Created a new tutorial!

20. Why Java 7, and not Java 8?