Two servers can't communicate via MySQL Error Code(110)

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by SirTak, May 11, 2016.

1. I have a web server that I can manage via cPanel and I'm trying to connect to a MySql database on a dedicated server (running Ubuntu Server) that I manage. I have two tester connections that give the same error code (from web server to dedicated server).

Code (Text):
    CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP_ADDRESS' (110) This is from Multicraft

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP_ADDRESS' (110)
    I also tried on my computer to connect to the dedicated server and I can do it. I'm using HeidiSQL as a GUI client to try connecting and I can connect to it with the same credentials.

What I have tried: (I'm using Webmin to manage my mysql server)

• Set user host to Any
    • Checked my.cnf for a bind address and it is bound to 0.0.0.0(all ips)
    • Checked host permissions for specific databases and set the database to my test user and Any for hosts
    • The Iptable should just allow all because after installing Ubuntu Server I have not changed anything.
    I have no idea what else to try.

2. You need to check the sql server to make sure that the ports are not blocked so the other servers can communicate. Also lock the port down so only the ip addresses of you over servers can access via that port.

3. The ip tables for the sql server is set to open at the moment. so it works. Also I can connect via my own computer and a mysql gui client. I've tried to bind the sql ip to the ip i'm using but neither binding it to all or a specific one works.