Two servers using the same map and save issue

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Kentakis, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Hello.

I try to fix this problem :

Code (Text):

[22:12:38 WARN]: net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.ExceptionWorldConflict: The save for world located at ../Worlds/world is being accessed from another location, aborting

I load map two times from two servers, but I set save options to false.

I think that I should edit some ChunkUnloadEvent, you know how to fix it ?

2. As far as I am aware, this isn't possible with spigot. I've heard that @AgentK figured this out, by heavily modifying spigot.

3. @MeRPG
    But there is not eventHandler option ?

4. Just for curiosity, why do you have to load the same map with two servers at the same time ?

5. There is, look at https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/
    It is ChunkUnloadEvent

But this maybe not help and you can get lags when you have loaded a lot of chunks, for example when there is a ton of spawners, it can cause lags or redstone clocks

Better way would be copy the world and use 2 same worlds in different folder

6. As @val59000 said, what is it you are trying to accomplish? Do you want a setup where to servers are editing the same world? If so then you would need to edit the spigot source severely as @MeRGP said. If you just want two instances of the same world, but there is no world editing involved (breaking/placing blocks etc) then I would recommend you to just run on two different copies of the map.

7. So the issue is that mine craft naturally stores info in the world folder, other than full world saves. There is no way to cancel this with plugins.

8. When it's read-only anyway, you could just have copies of the world. At leasts that what I understand under "save options false".

9. But in config, i set 'save settings' to false, and I dont understand why my spigot still want to auto-save some chunks