Suggestion Unfollow notification.

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by BrettPlayMC, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simple suggestion. I think that the user who is being followed/unfollowed should get a notification when they are being unfollowed. An option to enable/disable follower notifications would be cool too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Probably not the best idea.
    All it would do is make people feel bad, with no other use.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Then have it off by default.

4. What is your reason for wanting it?

5. I mean you get notifications if someone follows you, why not if they unfollow you?

6. Omnivion

Patron

mods, delete this

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. MiniDigger

Supporter

I don't know of any other service that does this.

And really, following ppl in xenforo is almost entirely useless. It provides no value to the one being followed (other than pumping up the ego of some ppl apperently, lol) and the only thing the follower earns is seeing the posts form the ppl he follows in his news section.

8. I mean honestly, you would only want this if you were really insecure about people unfollowing you. There’s little purpose to following people in XenForo, and even less to get notified when being unfollowed in my opinion.

9. You're better off improving on the entire follow feature to begin with. As MiniDogger said, the follow feature in XenForo is so bad it's almost entirely pointless. Honestly I'm not sure why they even bothered to put it in. It actually does completely nothing. Instead, you should be able to configure, for example, that if you follow someone, you'll get a notification whenever they post something, somewhere or when they post a status update (again, all configurable to your likings).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

nice one
    as I said, thats not true. it works like on reddit for example (https://www.reddit.com/r/friends/comments/)
    it shows me activity from ppl I care about, like @electronicboy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I'll be damned, I have literally never seen that page

12. MiniDigger

Supporter

13. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Now we need one of those "Spigot minecraft community entrepreneur " applications which will alert you on unfollows, allow you to time status updates and thread posts...

Why did writing that just kinda makes me feel sad....

14. Seems like a really cool idea that I would support. Only problem is that I don't see any current addons that exist like it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yeah not happening
    No social media platform has this and no good can come from it

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.