Solved Unknown server start error

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by FiXed, Jun 9, 2016.

1. So I'm getting this error:
    Code (Text):
    Loading libraries, please wait...
    Failed to start the minecraft server
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:213) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at com.google.common.collect.Lists$ReverseList.<init>(Lists.java:767) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at com.google.common.collect.Lists.reverse(Lists.java:759) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.UserCache.b(UserCache.java:191) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.UserCache.<init>(UserCache.java:70) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:132) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.<init>(DedicatedServer.java:43) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:923) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:193) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-4ac2347]
    Press any key to continue . . .
    and my server has just stopped loading and I have no idea why. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

try deleting the usercache file in your servers root folder, it seems to be corrupted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. that's so strange...

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

well, that's what happens if you stay on old, unsupported and generally broken versions *shrugs*

5. Except I'm on 1.8.8 and all my plugins are fully supported... My 1.8.8 version isn't a beta or dev version either, it was stable.

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

its 1.8.8, its old. if there are bugs, they don't get fixed anymore.

7. well yeah except it's never happened before lol, and I've been using it for like 1 year

8. Try cleaning your root folder, only dtart with a bat file and thr server jar.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I did, I got it fixed, no worries.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

its a bug in the vanilla sever. god knows what lead to this error, now you know what you need to do if this occurs again. the usercache is just a cache for uuids, no important infos.

11. okay, thank you very much.