Update woes...

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by phospholipid, Jun 20, 2018.

1. I'm trying to run a routing update (it's been a while) and when I do, the process lands at this:

"Rebuilding Forked projects....

fatal: '/Volumes/Nicodemus/MyFolders/Jaime/Documents/MCTrial/WorldLobby/Bukkit' does not appear to be a git repository

fatal: Could not read from remote repository."

I tried just deleting the Bukkit directory. Buildtools made a new Bukkit directory, which is expected, but then the process failed again with the same result and I don't really know what to do with it.

There is something very bizarre about the error. The portion that I have highlighted in RED is a path that is on another computer entirely!! That path is on my laptop. However, the server is on a desktop in my office, and I am running the Terminal application on that desktop. What is happening? Why is the instance of Buildtools running on Terminal on my desktop trying to use a directory on my laptop?

The portion in BLUE is a path that is, in fact, on the desktop. Any thoughts about what is going on?

For the record, I originally built this server on my laptop where I tested it, then I copied it over to the desktop where it's been running for over a year. Should that have an impact?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rebuilding Forked projects....

fatal: '/Volumes/Nicodemus/MyFolders/Jaime/Documents/MCTrial/WorldLobby/Bukkit' does not appear to be a git repository

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

HEAD is now at dcc4266 SPIGOT-3604: Deprecate unused professions

Resetting Spigot-API to Bukkit...

HEAD is now at dcc4266 SPIGOT-3604: Deprecate unused professions

Applying patches to Spigot-API...

Applying: POM Changes

fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless (pom.xml).

Repository lacks necessary blobs to fall back on 3-way merge.

Cannot fall back to three-way merge.

Patch failed at 0001 POM Changes

The copy of the patch that failed is found in:

/Users/admin/Documents/MCTrial/WorldLobby/Spigot/Spigot-API/.git/rebase-apply/patch

When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".

If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.

To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

Something did not apply cleanly to Spigot-API.

Please review above details and finish the apply then

save the changes with rebuildPatches.sh

Error compiling Spigot. Please check the wiki for FAQs.

If this does not resolve your issue then please pastebin the entire BuildTools.log.txt file when seeking support.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [sh, applyPatches.sh]

at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess0(Builder.java:639)

at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:597)

at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:478)

at org.spigotmc.builder.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:29)

theopolis:WorldLobby admin$

2. I just noticed that the process opens with a warning. I wonder if this is related to the messages I listed above.

WARNING: Exception caught during execution of command '[git, config, --system, --edit]' in '/usr/bin', return code '128', error message 'fatal: Could not switch to '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/etc/': No such file or directory
    '
    Cloned git repository https://hub.spigotmc.org/stash/scm/spigot/bukkit.git to /Users/admin/Documents/MCTrial/MCServer2/Bukkit. Current HEAD: 59b49b81dd4dd7c29debd3bb46961001531ea5ca

3. When I asked for the git version, it said I had 2.8 or something. But, it seems like the newer versions of buildtools.jar doesn't accept stand-alone git commands. It looks like the process is trying to dig git out of Xcode.app. I wonder if git commands are working inconsistently because of that. So, I'm installing Xcode now. Maybe that will help.

4. That did *not* help, really. It got rid of the "exception caught" warning. But, I still have this:

Rebuilding Forked projects....
    fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Why is it trying to find that folder? And why can't it figure out that I have since moved/renamed things?

I see somebody else had that problem: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/renaming-moving-spigot-folder.263324/#post-2591926

#4 phospholipid, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  5. I have found every single .git folder in my server folder. I have run git remove -v on all of them. Not a single one returns me a path pointing to my old laptop. So where is this coming from?

fatal: '/Volumes/Nicodemus/MyFolders/Jaime/Documents/MCTrial/WorldLobby/Bukkit does not appear to be a git repository

6. I have sort of a temporary fix. I just re-built an empty server in a different directory. When it was done, I took everything in that directory (minus "work) and copied it over into the server directory I was trying to update.

That worked. It runs wonderfully. However, since I changed the folders, I fear that if I try to update again, I'll have the same issue.