1.15.2 Updating from plugin from 1.12.1 Unknown Variable?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by SkyyDaork, Feb 8, 2020.

1. I was given a plugin I needed but it works on 1.12.1, I run on a server on 1.15.2 and wanted to update the plugin. I have it all completed but I cannot seem to find this "Key" variable thats being used:

Code (Java):
    public void loadHats() {
        this.hats.clear();
        saveDefaultConfig();
        reloadConfig();
        ConfigurationSection hats = getConfig().getConfigurationSection("hats");
        hats.getKeys(false).forEach(key -> {
              Material material = Material.getMaterial(Integer.valueOf(key).intValue());
              if (material == null) {
                getLogger().warning(key + " is not a valid item ID.");
                return;
              }
              hats.getShortList(key).forEach(());
            });
      }
    Is it something that needs imported? I've checked everything and cannot find any reference to this anywhere else in the plugin code

2. Its part of the lambda expression in your foreach

[​IMG]

3. yes but all they "key" references afterwards are all errors

4. Which java version are you using? I just threw your code into my test plugin, no errors!

5. I've used 1.8 and 13 to try

6. Can you share the error?

7. Code (Text):
    key cannot be resolved to a variable

8. Is this in your IDE?

9. Yes.. not sure what happened but it decided to allow them suddenly.... now its freaking out about .getMaterial stating:
    Code (Text):
    The method getMaterial(String) in the type Material is not applicable for the arguments (Integer)
    I direct imported the plugin files and this is becoming more and more troublesome and im not the best at MC plugins

10. That's because as of 1.13 ... numerical Material/Item IDs no longer exist.
    Each material has its own enum.

11. ok so if they are renamed in config, how can i keep it linked?

12. Code (Text):
    Integer.valueOf(x).intValue();
    :D
    You need to change all the values in your config.
    Code (Java):
    for (Material material: Material.values()) {
    if (material.getId() == configId) {
               config.set(configName, material.toString);
         }
    }

13. That's not his issue

14. His issue is that he has numerical id‘s saved in his configuration and needs to change them into String-id‘s. If that‘s not his issue I don‘t know what is...

15. His issue is that his IDE won't resolve a variable

16. Which he has solved and now his problem is that Material#getMaterial(Int) cannot be resolved.

17. I agree ^

Im pretty sure we're past this.

The user is having an issue using code that was removed .... ie: Material#getMaterial(int) ... this is now Material#getMaterial(String)

18. My bad.

In that case, OP, if you wish to maintain compatibility with numeric IDs, you may wish to look into XMaterial

• Friendly Friendly x 2