Use containers for sendBlockChange?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ChickenSaysBak, May 18, 2018.

1. Hi, this is probably not possible, but I wanted to ask, is there some way of setting containers for fake packet blocks? Specifically, I'm trying to set the plant within a fake flower pot to a fern. Any way to accomplish this (or using nms if need be)?

2. Afaik there is this short in Player#sendBlockChange(Location l, Material m, short data). It's just a shot in the dark but i guess you can aldo modify the plant inside a flowerpot with that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ah, I've never used ProtocolLib before in a plugin, did some testing, can't seem to figure out how to get it working, any tips?

4. I started typing "ProtocolLibrary.getProtocolManager().createPacket(PacketType.Play.Client.)" but 1. Not sure what should go after "Client" (I don't see "UDPATE_BLOCK_ENTITY" or something like it) and 2. I'm not sure if I'm doing any of it correct at all lol

5. Create the packet with NMS and then send it via NMS or ProtocolLib or whatever.