Users' connection forcibly closed by the remote host

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by ToolBag92, May 17, 2014.

1. I am currently having a problem with a few of my users getting their connection forcibly closed by the remote host.

I have the server hosted on my computer. Therefore, with the understanding that I have, the remote host is my computer. I have tried a Server Restart, Computer Restart, Restarted my internet connection. I have a fine internet connection so that is not the issue. This is happening with computer within the network as well. Not just those outside the network.

Computer Specs:

AMD Triple-Core 3.2GHz Processor
    8GB RAM
    500GB HDD

The server is using 2GB. That shouldn't be an issue either.

Thanks in advance. If you need any more information, let me know!

2. This used to happen to me too when I was hosting my server from my computer. It is most likely that there isn't much memory allocated to the server. How many worlds does your server have? How many plugins do you use? What Spigot version & build are you using? Is the server based on a terminal/command prompt file, or are you using something like the Bukkit GUI project? What OS are you using?

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of Java on your computer. Most of the plugins require the latest build of Java 7.

Finally, note that not all plugins are updated to 1.7.9, and if you are using a plugin that requires your server to be 1.7.5 or lower, it can kick people the same way or even crash the server when one of its events is triggered. Some of these plugins are HerobrineAI, TimeSpawner, ChestShop (Not Sure), ect...

#2 MeMyself, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  3. I get kicked out like that when I turn a vpn or hamatchi on and such.

4. How many worlds does your server have?

How many plugins do you use?
    20. AuthMe, Backpack, ClearLag, CraftBook, DisguiseCraft, EasyFreeze, Essentials, Essentials Chat, Essentials Protect, Essentials Spawn, HealthBar, PermissionsEx, Prism 2.0, ProtocolLib, Sleeper, SmartPing, Tim, Vault, WorldEdit, WorldGuard. (Some of those will probably be removed)

What Spigot version & build are you using?
    This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-1.7.2-R0.3-122-gb58e277 (MC: 1.7.2) (Implementing API version 1.7.2-R0.4-SNAPSHOT)

Is the server based on a terminal/command prompt file, or are you using something like the Bukkit GUI project?
    Bukkit GUI

What OS are you using?
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

5. Also make sure you are using the latest version of Java on your computer.
    First of all, make sure to update Java, and install Java 7 (x64) if you haven't.
    Then, make sure all the plugins are updated.
    After that, stop the server, go to the SuperStart window on BukkitGUI, and on the Java Version list, select Jre7x64.
    Finallt, set the min Ram of the server to 1GB, and the max Ram to 3GB, and start the server.

*The Backpack and CraftBook plugins may be causing it. Also, if you are to remove some plugins, I would recommend to replace DisguiseCraft Lib's Disguises, SmartPing with PPMOTD, and Prism with CoreProtect.

6. By looking at the Backpack plugin page, the author clearly states:
    Do not use the 1.6.x builds of backpack with a 1.7.x. server....

7. Thanks for the info. I will change some thing around when I get to a place where I can access the server. I will let you know how it all goes. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Are you referring to Client or Server side?
    At this moment my server have no ram limit. (java -server -jar Spigot.jar nogui)

9. Both sides. The client side is worse, though.

10. So far, everything seems to be running smoothly after checking / doing everything you have listed ItIsMeMyself. I appreciate your help. To the others that have posted, I also appreciate your input. It helped me solve my issues as well.

I'll post back if I seem to run into any more issues. Thanks again guys!!