Using BungeeCord With Multiple MC Versions

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by imasonaz, Sep 19, 2013.

1. I'm sorry if this has been brought up previously or not, I looked around and found little. So, here is what I would like to do (ideally):
    run my BungeeCord hub server
    Run Tekkit/FeedTheBeast (running MCPS+ for Forge)
    Run Vanilla/Bukkit/Spigot

The problem lies in Tekkit running 1.4.7 (lite) and FTB running 1.5.2

To accomplish this, I see two methods:
    Find some way to allow 1.6+ version clients to connect to a 1.5.2/1.4.7 server (Not likely)
    Find a BungeeCord plugin that allows many/all versions of minecraft to connect to it, and based on the version of MC the client is running, direct them to a different hub server (or directly to Tekkit/FTB if the version is correct)

I see the second one as being more likely, although still difficult to accomplish. I think making this possible would greatly expand how many servers can use BungeeCord, and could essentially allow any server to be compatible with BungeeCord.

If anyone has a better way of making this happen, I would love to hear them. Thank you!

#1 imasonaz, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Mojang only implemented support for this in 1.6.
    So at best you could have 1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.6.3.
    There is 0 chance of you ever having 1.4/1.5 servers on the same bungee.

3. Thank you for replying so quickly and finally nailing down this answer! Will hold out until FTB updates more.

4. Now with this being said, how would I go about making my network accessible for 1.6.2 - 1.6.4 users?