1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Solved Validating usernames

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Adrenaline, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Hi!,

Spigot: #1040
    Craftbukkit: #2818

Namely validating usernames do not work correctly at Spigot (at craftbukkit working fine..)

When i try to log in through Spigot he return "End of Stream" and do not allow me to join =d

No errors / logs / plugins

Ill test it at fresh server and at 2 machines :d

Greetings

2. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

What exactly are you trying to do, and what exactly is the problem?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. To join my localhost server :DDDDDD

End of stream appear when i have username example: ^Adrenaline , #$#%#@Adrenaline etd...

4. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I not quite catching what you're saying.

You said you have no plugins, yet you say if you have a username you aren't able to connect? Everyone has to have a username , but I think you're referring to nicknames which can only be applied by plugins?

Either way, I'm having no trouble connecting to a localhost on #1040

Any console errors?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Those symbols are blocked in spigot as far as i can remember

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yeah I do remember seeing this issue when 1.6.2 came out. It doesn't happen in CraftBukkit because there is no validation code.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. md_5, i know.. Spigot have validation code but why he kick me from server when i try to join with reason "End of Stream" no with "Invalid name!"

This below patch should work like this :d

https://github.com/SpigotMC/Spigot/blob/master/CraftBukkit-Patches/0032-Filter-Invalid-Names.patch

https://github.com/SpigotMC/Spigot/commit/2d9c1669e446032a77e803cf5e9e3fa9a76400f8

#7 Adrenaline, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  8. md_5

Administrator Developer

Fixed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Thx^, works fine now, but its possible to override your method by plugin (PlayerLoginEvent) ? =d