Bukkit Vampire 2.14.0

Anyone can become a vampire, but do you want to?

1. Cayorion

Patron

2. I don't think there's ever been a plugin that makes Minecraft feel as totally fresh as this. It changes the way you fight, feed, and flee. In particular, you're probably going to be hiding from the sun. :) From the way you get initially sick to the cool visual effects that come with exposure to light or the ability to be actually fed from other players (against their will or not), this is an entirely immersive plugin. You really don't have to be a vampire to enjoy this. In fact, it's easily as much fun to hunt them.

It's also a draw--there's always been a constant flow of players who come looking for this functionality. I can't think of an easier way to set a server apart from the pack.

levers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Cayorion

Patron

Thank you for the kind words :) Comments like yours are really good for morale.

4. Glad to. It's excellent. I forgot to mention the wood thing. I remember running for my life after seeing a player pull out a wooden sword. Sounds silly, but with Vampire it makes total sense. Otherwise, no sense at all. I probably should have tried to fight, since I managed to get killed after hiding from the same player in a cave while waiting for night. Fun stuff.

levers

5. When I was looking into creating a personal server for myself and some friends, I felt as though a decent vampire plugin was a must. Something to add that extra edge and maybe even divide us into separate teams. The Vampire plugin was a lot more than I expected. With the enhanced physical traits and weaknesses behind the vampire, it quickly became a favorite addition to my personal server. I would highly recommend this plugin to any who are simply curious about it, or who wish to add a highly enjoyable experience to their servers. Whether for small or large servers, the Vampire plugin has been a great experience.

6. Cayorion

Patron

Cayorion updated Vampire with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Cayorion

Patron

8. Cayorion

Patron

9. Cayorion

Patron

10. Cayorion

Patron

11. I have some ideas I would like to add... Possibility of running console side commands on a player changing from human to vampire or vise versa. Or the ability to set them to a group based on their race. This would be neat because then I could build temples and wouldguard them so Vampires could not enter. And I could also set race based respawn points so that vampires and humans each have their own towns, shops and etc. Adding that ability I believe would open up this plugin and make it amazing and able to become so much more! Thank you.

12. Cayorion

Patron

13. Vampires are fun but to weak... They can't compete with werewolves at all (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugin/werewolf) so you need to do some power upping so they can compete with werewolves so I'll make some suggestions. I see in a lot of movies and anime vampires regenerating super quick so I think vampires should have a infinite regen III or atleast II. Also I think there should be vampires that have "royal blood" and you have a low chance of getting royal blood if your infected from a altar and royal blood vampires don't loose food bars fast from bloodlust, don't burn in the sun, and wooden stuff does not deal as much damage. If you don't want to add all this you should atleast add a config so we can edit vampires to make them stronger. The vampire plugin also has some glitches like silverfish, witches, and a few other monsters still attack vampires. Please update this plugin I really love it but vampires are really weak so everyone on my server becomes a werewolf instead!

14. Cayorion

Patron

15. Cayorion

Patron

16. Sorry but where is the YML file stored? After install the plugin any folder and yml file was created in the plugin folder...
    Tnx!

17. would be cool if you could add perms to vampires like disguise as a bat

18. will this run with the factions plugin, ie have vampire members of the faction?

19. Cayorion

Patron

The MassiveCore database system works differently. It is located in the "mstore" folder which is a sibling folder to the plugins folder.

Yeah that is a really nice idea. I am focusing on developing other plugins at the moment. So this feature will not be added anytime soon.

Vampires can be members of a Faction. The plugins neither collide nor cooperate. Players are players and can be members of Factions. Regardless off whether they are vampires or not.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks, is there any way to world limit it? I think it's a great plugin, and would love to use it. However we run multiverse, so hopping to another world still as a vampire isnt possible :)