1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bukkit Bug Vanilla Mobs despawn after chunk unload reload

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by obscurehero, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Using both latest spigot and then later latest bukkit build.

Posted here as well: https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-4487

What I wrote is also true for latest spigot builds. This was using b1017, b1009, and b1006.

EDIT: last paragraph I meant mobs spawned in with 1.6.1 vanilla will despawn using bukkit or spigot. However, tamed wolves seem less affected and require more chunk unload/load to finally despawn...however they will despawn eventually. Their progeny, haha, however will persist if bred using bukkit or spigot.

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

The analysis as discussed on IRC breaks down to this
    • Mojang stuffed up 1.6.1 causing all mobs to be non persistent
    • We can't really include something to reset this in Spigot as plugins may of intentionally made them non persistent
    • Best way to fix this is to delete all the mobs
    • The other approach is to get a plugin / script to reset all their persistence values

3. Thanks! UGH. Wish this wasn't the case.

Appreciate the help though, cheers!

4. Koz

Koz

This has been driving me crazy and what I've tested is below. Also, it seems to only be when I restart my server (which I do every night for backups).

1.) Locked my horses in a non accessible area to rule out player interference
    2.) I named my horse and leashed it to a post
    3.) Spawned a horse and left it untamed (this will despawn normally)
    4.) Spawned a horse (post 1.6.1) tamed it and left it in a box. Then restarted my server, horse is gone.

In all of the cases the horses disappeared. I am not running any lag management plugins other than spigot itself.

Any thoughts?

Upon further consideration, I've had this happen with sheep as well but not consistently.

5. After Mojang fixed the bug in 1.6.2 I haven't had this issue. Not sure what to tell ya...