Spigot Vault 1.7.3

Vault is a Permissions, Chat, & Economy API to give plugins easy hooks into these systems.

1. Its very confusion that you release a new version with an old version number???? Why is that???

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. [12:52:54 WARN]: [Vault] Could not submit plugin stats of Vault
    java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 429 for URL: https://bStats.org/submitData/bukkit
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1894) ~[?:1.8.0_171]
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1492) ~[?:1.8.0_171]
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:263) ~[?:1.8.0_171]
    at net.milkbowl.vault.metrics.bukkit.Metrics.sendData(Metrics.java:316) ~[Vault-1.7.1-B91.jar:?]
    at net.milkbowl.vault.metrics.bukkit.Metrics.access$300(Metrics.java:36) ~[Vault-1.7.1-B91.jar:?]
    at net.milkbowl.vault.metrics.bukkit.Metrics$2.run(Metrics.java:271) [Vault-1.7.1-B91.jar:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_171]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andre_601

Supporter

Would it be possible to update the plugin-page to state, that the Permission plugin LuckPerms also supports Vault (permission management and providing (stacked) prefixes (Not including chat formatting itself))?

4. Hoping to not spam, I am trying to add Vault.jar to the plugins folder and when the server starts I get
    [​IMG][10:57:44] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/Vault.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:163) ~[spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1.jar:git-Spigot-f56e2e7-b634e05]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1.jar:git-Spigot-f56e2e7-b634e05]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:323) [spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1.jar:git-Spigot-f56e2e7-b634e05]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:213) [spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1.jar:git-Spigot-f56e2e7-b634e05]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:698) [spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1.jar:git-Spigot-f56e2e7-b634e05]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:813) [?:1.8.0_192]
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:225) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:155) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:166) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:130) ~[?:1.8.0_192]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:151) ~[spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1.jar:git-Spigot-f56e2e7-b634e05]
    ... 5 more
    [10:57:54] [Server thread/INFO]: [LuckPerms] Loading LuckPerms v4.3.80

I have Vault.jar in the plugins folder, I am running spigotmc-1.13.2-R0.1
    with a rather light list as of now:
    ChatManager_3.3.1.jar (this will be removed)
    Harbor.jar
    LandClaiming.jar
    LuckPerms-Bukkit-4.3.80,jar
    PlayerDeathLocation.jar
    PluginConstructorAPI.jar (don't know why this is here, probably a dependency)
    UltimateShops.jar (requires vault so this fails)
    Vault.jar (fails)

So I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or using the wrong version or if I have no clue, it is a clean copy of vault.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Your vault.jar file is corrupted. Download it again, making sure you get it from this forum.

6. Just to be sure, the button "download now via external site"? I have tried that multiple times I will try again once you confirm this is the correct button, could it get corrupt over FTP?

Thank you for helping so far.

7. Yes, that's the button. If you upload it to a server, make sure FTP is using binary transfers for .jar files, not ASCII.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you, the binary was the problem, could you explain the difference? I have installed most plugins without binary.
    and I know this is the wrong form so you can ignore this next part but you seem intelligent:
    Code (Text):
    [11:02:38] [Server thread/ERROR]: [UltimateShops] Error Loading economy. disabling[11:02:38] [Server thread/INFO]: [UltimateShops] Disabling UltimateShops v1.0[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: java.lang.NullPointerException[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at ultimateshops.MainClass.saveShops(MainClass.java:266)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at ultimateshops.MainClass.onDisable(MainClass.java:192)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:256)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:364)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:422)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at ultimateshops.MainClass.onEnable(MainClass.java:122)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:254)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:403)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:434)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:348)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:580)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:542)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:420)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:294)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:698)[11:02:38] [Server thread/WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:813)
    previously ultimate shops failed because it had a vault dependency. I am going to quickly reinstall it with binary to see what happens.

Once again THANK YOU.

9. Hello
    I use plugins PermissionsEx and Vault (because of depends from other plugins).
    Now I am writing my own plugin that must check player permissions.
    I wonder what difference between vault permission mechanics and bukkit?

For example what difference between:
    Code (Text):
            org.bukkit.entity.Player player = ...;
            net.milkbowl.vault.permission.Permission perm = SketchMapUtils.permission;
            return perm.playerHas(player, "bukkit.command.tell");

and
    Code (Text):

org.bukkit.entity.Player player = ...;
            return player.hasPermission("bukkit.command.tell");

Could anybody tell me why I should use Vault permission mechanics instead bukkit?

As far as know PermissionsEx intercepts player.hasPermission method. PEX documetation says:
    PS. Please, do not send me to google :rolleyes:

#89 bottomdumber, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  10. Andre_601

Supporter

Just use bukkits perm-check.
    Vault's version is as far as I know more for advanced plugins/permission plugins.

11. the only issue with vault i have is using Plot Squared, for some reason it causes P2 to crash.

12. minoneer

Benefactor

Hey,

the maven repository seems to be down - I get a 504 in maven builds as well as when directly accessing it through the browser. Hope it will be fixed soon!

Best
    minoneer

13. You can use VaultAPI instead Vault if you are not going to use undocumented functions from main plugin

You can try to build VaultAPI yourself and install it to local maven repository.
    Github: https://github.com/MilkBowl/VaultAPI
    Clone and build it with maven as "install" (Lifecycle=install). This will compile it and install to local maven repository.
    I've just tested this. All is ok and easy.

And then use dependence in your project (pom)
    Code (Text):
            <dependency>
                <groupId>net.milkbowl.vault</groupId>
                <artifactId>VaultAPI</artifactId>
                <version>1.7</version>
            </dependency>

Note 1: You should change Vault library to VaultAPI, if you was using the first and set version to 1.7 (instead 1.7.1) or LATEST
    Version 1.7.1 should mean:
    1 - Main version :eek:
    .7 - Version of new feature in main version :)
    .1 - Like bug patch :oops:
    So, I think Vault-1.7.1, Vault-1.7.2, Vault-1.7.3, ... and so on must be compatible with VaultAPI-1.7, because it should not change interface of API 1.7.

Note 2: You can try building a Vault yourself, but there are many dependencies on other plugins (with which Vault creates a bridge). Therefore, I think it will be difficult to collect them all.

Sorry for english and with best regards :)

14. minoneer

Benefactor

Hi, thanks for trying to help, but that's not the point. I am well aware of the difference between the plugin and the API, how to use maven and what semantic versions are. I was pointing out that the official maven repository for Vault (http://nexus.hc.to/content/repositories/pub_releases) is currently unreachable and it would be great if that can be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Vault is extremely broken, all my ECO Required plugins are not detecting Vault at all to be the primary ECO.
    What do I need to do for ECO to work for this server? We are trying to not use Essentials anymore as CMI is basically a "Better" Version of Essentials?
    Or just to use EssentialsX & disable everything except the ECO Dependancy?

To prove I have vault installed:
    19.02 14:21:56 [Server] INFO [Vault] Checking for Updates ... 19.02 14:21:57 [Server] INFO [Vault] No new version available 19.02 14:21:57 [Server] INFO Update check failed. Please try again later.

AutoRank Not Detecting ECO due to Pathfile of Required Money to continue your rank-up path.

19.02 14:21:56 [Server] WARN [Autorank] Task #166 for Autorank v4.2.6 generated an exception 19.02 14:21:56 [Server] INFO java.lang.NullPointerException: null 19.02 14:21:56 [Server] INFO at me.armar.plugins.autorank.pathbuilder.requirement.MoneyRequirement.getDescription(MoneyRequirement.java:18) ~[Autorank-4.2.6.jar:?]

CMI - Detected the plugin but can't use it? (Even though CMI has its own ECO???
    19.02 14:21:49 [Server] INFO [CMI] Vault was found but economy engine is missing. Use one from list provided in https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/vault/ 19.02 14:21:49 [Server] INFO [CMI] Vault was found but not economy plugin, you will have limited economy support

CrateReloaded - Can't Detect ECO Plugin
    19.02 14:21:47 [Server] ERROR [CrateReloaded] [CrateReloaded] - Economy features disabled due to no Vault dependency found

DTLTraders - Can't find it.
    19.02 14:21:45 [Server] ERROR [dtlTradersPlus] No economy provider found!

Killer-Money - Can't Find it
    19.02 14:21:42 [Server] WARN [KillerMoney] Vault or economy plugin not found! Money reward disabled.

ShopGUI - Can't Find it
    19.02 14:21:41 [Server] WARN [ShopGUIPlus] Vault economy or economy plugin not found, disabling the plugin.

16. Can i please get some support? if needed ill do a pastebin of my logs, this needs fixed

17. I'm hosting it on my own repo now. Ridiculous that such a popular library isn't available for so long. Any other developers feel free to use it.

https://nexus.scarsz.me/content/groups/public/
    net.milkbowl.vault:VaultAPI:1.7

18. What's the latest version of Vault that supports 1.8.8?

19. Andre_601

Supporter

Latest I guess. Just try it out

20. Under latest update, it says due to API changes, it's not recommended for use on server 1.12.x and ealier.