Bukkit VeinMiner 1.14.0

Minecraft Forge's VeinMiner recreated for CraftBukkit and Spigot servers!

1. Choco

2008Choco submitted a new resource:

Vein Miner - If you have ever used the VeinMiner mod for minecraft Forge, it has now been recreated for Bukkit, C

Read more about this resource...

2. Choco

2008Choco updated Vein Miner with a new update entry:

Fixes - Optimizations - New Features

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Choco

Massive fixes - Re-coded algorithmic logic

4. Choco

Commands!

5. Choco

Fixes and Configuration Changes

6. Choco

1.9 Support / Algorithm Rewrite / Efficiency Changes

7. Choco

Command changes + Config addition

8. Choco

9. Choco

General Fixes / New Config Option

10. Choco

Plugin Restructuring

11. Choco

Command changes / Data value assumptions

12. [21:22:13 ERROR]: Could not pass event BlockBreakEvent to VeinMiner v1.7.1 │···········
    org.bukkit.event.EventException │···········
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302) ~[patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at co.aikar.timings.TimedEventExecutor.execute(TimedEventExecutor.java:78) ~[patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:501) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:486) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerInteractManager.breakBlock(PlayerInteractManager.java:286) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerInteractManager.a(PlayerInteractManager.java:215) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:640) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInBlockDig.a(SourceFile:40) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInBlockDig.a(SourceFile:10) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_91] │···········
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_91] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:44) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:774) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:379) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:713) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:616) [patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91] │···········
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.inventory.PlayerInventory.getItemInMainHand()Lorg/bukkit/inventory/ItemStack; │···········
    at me.choco.veinminer.events.BreakBlockListener.onBlockBreak(BreakBlockListener.java:45) ~[?:?] │···········
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor228.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] │···········
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_91] │···········
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_91] │···········
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300) ~[patched.jar:git-TacoSpigot-"c80c1e5"] │···········
    ... 18 more

13. sorry just seen its not supported on 1.8 would be good to see 1.8 support again :) also would you be able to make it so it goes straight to inv when mining it

14. Choco

The only reason it does not support 1.8 is because of the dual-wielding of equipment now. The API has changed and the method to retrieve an item from ones hand was deprecated. Therefore, I felt the need to strictly move to 1.9 support. The 1.9 version has been out for 2 months now, and I had expected that most people had updated by now ;)

As for the item going straight into your inventory, that's actually now something that can be done with a 3rd party program. BlockBreakEvents are now fired and are able to be listened to by another plugin. That's not really the goal of VeinMiner, unfortunately, but I've allowed other developers to be able to support that :)

15. multiple people are not updating to 1.9 for multiple reasons and you could always add backwards compatibility or even on plugin load to check what version you are using and if its 1.8 or 1.9

16. Choco

The most common reason being that they do not like the new combat system (Which was an update that was very much needed, in my opinion). Other reasons may commonly include other plugins not updating to 1.9. I find that quite ironic. I feel as though finding out what version of Bukkit/Spigot the server runs is quite useless information. That does not assist me in any way other than to inform the user that they are using invalid versions. Even if I were to add something of the sorts, there are about 5 or so new versions for 1.9 that would not have said feature.

I could add backwards compatibility, yes. I could use a deprecated method that has the potential of being removed. I could also compile a 1.8 version of the plugin, though I feel as though that may be unnecessary. Perhaps I will recompile another version of VeinMiner for the 1.8 API and leave a dropbox link on the main page. It's not technically an "official" download, and it would only be available on the SpigotMC website (BukkitDev doesn't allow you to link external downloads). Give me a few minutes, and I'll link a 1.8 version of VeinMiner on the main page

EDIT: View the main page, there is a link at the top of the thread

#16 Choco, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  17. Choco

18. Choco

19. Choco

Algorithm Updates / New Subcommand

20. Choco

General Fixes