Spigot VentureChat 3.3.2

#1 Channels Chat plugin! Spigot + Bungee. Supports PlaceholderAPI + JSON formatting. New Hex Colors!

1. @Proniss Someone probably used a chatreload or a full reload, which will wipe all players current channels. That line is trying to save the current channel. If either of those commands were used, try not to have anyone use those while the server is in full operation.

@Sfap Read the config and configure the plugin; I'm not here to set it all up for you...

2. it seems to be apearing sometimes when a player disconects

3. I've never seen that before, but I do get errors when using /reload.

4. this is what I get when idle (just noticed)
    Code (Text):

[12:11:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Proniss lost connection: You have been idle for too long!
    [12:11:23] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerQuitEvent to MineverseChat v2.4
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:310) ~[spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerList.disconnect(PlayerList.java:346) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:844) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.disconnect(PlayerConnection.java:182) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.c(PlayerConnection.java:149) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:231) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.ServerConnection.c(ServerConnection.java:148) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:817) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:367) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:657) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:560) [spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_45]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
       at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.listeners.LoginListener.playerLeaving(LoginListener.java:152) ~[?:?]
       at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.listeners.LoginListener.onPlayerQuit(LoginListener.java:63) ~[?:?]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot_server.jar:git-Spigot-f928e7a-f27339c]
       ... 14 more
    [12:11:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Proniss left the game.
    [12:11:23] [Server thread/WARN]: handleDisconnection() called twice

5. That happens to me after using /reload and I log off. It has to do with whether or not the player is still online for me to access to get data off of them. It shouldn't cause any real issues. I'll probably have to adjust the event priorities.

6. ok thanks. Ill keep an eye out to see if i can find the cause of the other error.

7. I'm really happy with the new button feature, it works really well!

Is it possible to implement placeholders for the skillapi plugin?
    It would be nice to use someone's skillapi class and level in the chat formatter.

8. I'll try and add them.

9. What configuration file do I edit? I'm so confused I have it in my bungee plugin folder as well as all my servers like the setup guide said. But any config I edit seems to just brake?

10. Also I'm getting a bug where whenever anyone tries to talk it has all of the format from the config, but it just displays their name where their message should be. http://prntscr.com/7wmtqy

11. If you mess up the channel formats or any other part of the yml structuring of the config, the plugin will not work. Use an online URL checker to verify the correctness of your config, and posting it for me to see wouldn't hurt either.

12. Thanks for the speedy reply! Means a lot to know there is a dedicated Dev paired with an amazing plugin. So Thanks and good work :)

This is the default configuration it generates as far as I can tell this is the only part of the config I have edited apart from making Global default instead of Noob and setting up the bungeecord to work:
    channels:
    Global:
    color: dark_green
    chatcolor: dark_green
    mutable: true
    filter: true
    autojoin: true
    default: true
    distance: 0
    cooldown: 0
    bungeecord: true
    alias: g
    permissions: None
    format: '&f[&2Global&f] {prefix} {name}&2: '
    irc: false

RESULT: http://prntscr.com/7wmzcg - Clearly this is broken or not configured right. Any changes to " format: '&f[&2Global&f] {prefix} {name}&2: ' " Results in the no chat at all and 2x name in chat as seen above. Also as I said before what config do I edit? Currently I am editing one and copying it to all of my servers including bungee. I would like to know if there is an easier way? Thanks in advance.

13. BungeeCord doesn't use the same config. Each servers config can be edited individually. Double names are because you're using Essentials, which appends the prefix onto the name. This can be disabled in the Essentials config.

14. Where abouts is this in essentials? There is a lot of options with prefixes etc

15. Append prefix to name or similar. Search for the word append.

16. @tomtehtom Change this line: "change-displayname: true" to false.

17. How to write in channel without join it I try /channel [msg]
    don't work it..

Why I get this?? [​IMG]
    I want to remove this Prefix when I write in channel how to do it?
    My Essentials chat format:
    Code (Text):
      format: '&a[&eLVL &b{LEVEL}&a] &r{DISPLAYNAME}&8: &r{MESSAGE}'
    When I try to edit format in Mineversechat config I get Error in cmd:
    Code (Text):
    [11:11:53] [Async Chat Thread - #3/ERROR]: Could not pass event AsyncPlayerChatEvent to MineverseChat v2.4.1
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:310) ~[spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:484) [spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.chat(PlayerConnection.java:1057) [spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:995) [spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat$1.run(PacketPlayInChat.java:39) [spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_51]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_51]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_51]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_51]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_51]
    Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
        at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.utilities.Format.convertToJson(Format.java:66) ~[?:?]
        at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.listeners.ChatListener.onAsyncPlayerChatEvent(ChatListener.java:643) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot-1.8.7.jar:git-Spigot-d2856ae-8f0f4ed]
        ... 11 more

#2099 Sfap, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  18. This has probably been asked before but what is the permission to bypass the swear filter?

also I've just updated to the latest versions after a month or so and you are probably aware but when you paste things like youtube videos it doesn't underline/ copy the full url.

Also to add to that, i'm trying to setup partys but when i do /cp help or /party i dont have permission for this command and it doesn't appear to show it on the main page.

#2100 chris_61, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015