Spigot VentureChat 3.2.2

#1 Channels Chat plugin! Spigot + Bungee. Supports PlaceholderAPI + JSON formatting. New Hex Colors!

1. Question. Can I set up my Local CHannels(Local, Shout, Quiet and Whisper) to allow Roleplay Formatting? Like Text within ** is yellow and appears as an emote, and text within "" appears as a character speaking?
    If not, could I pay you to add this into an extension plugin?

2. Does this plugin work with deluxe tags plugin? I cant seem to make it work. {deluxetags_tag} putting this in the chat formatting, and it still doesnt work. :/

3. Good times, I was wondering how he could get the "aliases" from the commands, these give me trouble when writing other commands...

4. None of the ones I found allowed spaces in names, so I ended up rolling my own as a stand-alone plugin. I wouldn't mind releasing the command class to you so that you can roll it in to VentureChat. If anything, it may give you a few ideas. All of the messages are hard-coded, so if you use any of my code, you may want to move those out to a config file somewhere. Otherwise, I may just release my nick plugin here.

5. @Foxtrek_64 I'd imagine that's because Mojang usernames can't have spaces. So most if not all plugins just used those same conventions for their nicknames. Most plugins won't be able to match a nickname with a space in it, just letting you know.

@vcmda You're going to have to rephrase. I don't understand what you're asking.

@Sinhus I've heard it does. You just need to download the placeholder pack for DeluxeTags.
    /papi ecloud download DeluxeTags
    /papi reload

@Flugal You can setup channels with different distances for role playing servers, but there's no way to "trigger" a message to go into a channel with like ** or something.

You can PM me the details and I can try to make an extension. I've been playing around with making it easier to make extensions for VentureChat recently so it would be a good exercise.

@Cisnet Probably something along those lines. Whenever I see an error with JSON, it's probably something to do with a ProtocolLib update.

6. Hey, did you had time to see for my problem ? The messages are duplicated in the console too :(

7. @Daxxas I did see it, but I was away from my computer all week. Since they are duplicated in the console, it's not what I expected it could be. Is there by any chance that you have two copies of VentureChat installed...? with different jar names?

@regancali I'll push out that plugin for ya, don't worry, I didn't forget.

8. Hey @Aust1n46 sorry but I just tried my "cisnet" account again and cant talk in the chat, but it detects spam if I spam on it. Is there any way to enable a debugging mode in venture chat? I enabled it with protocollib but dont see anything

EDIT: found the debugging mode. All I see so far is

Enabling PlaceholderAPI Hook
    [18:07:26 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Placeholders were not added to PlaceholderAPI!

But I have placeholderapi working?

EDIT:

I found why my cisnet account cant talk in chat! I have no idea what this means or why since my prefix and suffix work? At least they do on my other accounts. I am recieving this message every time I enter a message!

[18:08:40 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Prefix and / or suffix don't exist, setting to nothing.
    [18:08:46 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Prefix and / or suffix don't exist, setting to nothing.

The problem is I don't know how to fix this. I cleared all permissions with luckperms, and removed all suffix's and prefix's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cleared out my different channels and left global. I also removed my placeholders for suffix's and prefix's then reloaded venturechat. Received the error below:

Code (Text):
     [18:14:14 WARN]: [VentureChat] Task #17966 for VentureChat v2.14.0 generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.database.PlayerData.savePlayerData(PlayerData.java:74) ~[?:?]
    at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.MineverseChat$1.run(MineverseChat.java:477) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:82) ~[patched_1.13.2.jar:git-Paper-497]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:449) ~[patched_1.13.2.jar:git-Paper-497]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:1003) ~[patched_1.13.2.jar:git-Paper-497]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:439) ~[patched_1.13.2.jar:git-Paper-497]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:938) ~[patched_1.13.2.jar:git-Paper-497]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:836) ~[patched_1.13.2.jar:git-Paper-497]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ["",{"text":"","extra":[{"text":"","color":"white"},{"text":"TCC","color":"white","clickEvent":{"action":"suggest_command","value":"/msg TCC"},"hoverEvent":{"action":"show_text","value":{"text":"","extra":[{"text":"","color":"dark_red"},{"text":"Administrator{suffix}
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ","color":"dark_red","bold":"true"},{"text":"Town: ","color":"green"},{"text":"{mvdw_towny_town_name}
    [18:14:15 INFO]:
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ","color":"green"},{"text":"Rank: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"","color":"gray"},{"text":"Wanderer
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ","color":"gray","bold":"true"},{"text":"Rank Progress: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"10.0%
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ","color":"white"},{"text":"Blocks Mined: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"0
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Gem Balance: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"Ⓖ1k
    [18:14:15 INFO]: ","color":"green"},{"text":"Ping: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"79","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"ms","color":"gray"}]}}},{"text":" ","color":"white"},{"text":"","color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"»","color":"dark_gray","bold":"true"},{"text":"","color":"white"}]},{"text":"","color":"white"},{"text":" dfa","color":"white"}]
    [18:14:15 INFO]: END OF JSON
    [18:14:15 INFO]: 82 size bytes without json
    [18:14:15 INFO]: 1112 bytes size with json
    [18:14:15 INFO]: 1111 size on receiving end
    [18:14:15 INFO]: TCC » dfa
    [18:14:18 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Prefix and / or suffix don't exist, setting to nothing.

Here is more information of when I join with the account TCC chat works and updates. When I join with Cisnet it shows the prefix error for everytime I type.

Code (Text):
     [18:23:21 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Received update...
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ["",{"text":"","extra":[{"text":"","color":"white"},{"text":"TCC","color":"white","clickEvent":{"action":"suggest_command","value":"/msg TCC"},"hoverEvent":{"action":"show_text","value":{"text":"","extra":[{"text":"","color":"dark_red"},{"text":"Administrator{suffix}
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ","color":"dark_red","bold":"true"},{"text":"Town: ","color":"green"},{"text":"{mvdw_towny_town_name}
    [18:23:28 INFO]:
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ","color":"green"},{"text":"Rank: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"","color":"gray"},{"text":"Wanderer
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ","color":"gray","bold":"true"},{"text":"Rank Progress: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"10.0%
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ","color":"white"},{"text":"Blocks Mined: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"0
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"Gem Balance: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"Ⓖ1k
    [18:23:28 INFO]: ","color":"green"},{"text":"Ping: ","color":"gray"},{"text":"0","color":"dark_purple"},{"text":"ms","color":"gray"}]}}},{"text":" ","color":"white"},{"text":"","color":"dark_gray"},{"text":"»","color":"dark_gray","bold":"true"},{"text":"","color":"white"}]},{"text":"","color":"white"},{"text":" adf","color":"white"}]
    [18:23:28 INFO]: END OF JSON
    [18:23:28 INFO]: 82 size bytes without json
    [18:23:28 INFO]: 1111 bytes size with json
    [18:23:28 INFO]: 1110 size on receiving end
    [18:23:28 INFO]: TCC » adf
    [18:23:52 INFO]: UUID of player Cisnet is 707b0597-8610-47b4-a588-b8b29d9b16ae
    [18:23:52 INFO]: Cisnet[/96.48.233.229:54162] logged in with entity id 3442 at ([spawnworld]-1993.312812334983, 81.0, -1711.5489344340126)
    [18:23:52 INFO]: 71 size on receiving end
    [18:23:52 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Received update...
    [18:23:56 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Prefix and / or suffix don't exist, setting to nothing. <-- Cisnet
    [18:23:58 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Prefix and / or suffix don't exist, setting to nothing. <-- Cisnet
    [18:24:06 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Prefix and / or suffix don't exist, setting to nothing. <-- Cisnet

Last update:

I rebooted a few times randomly and now the cisnet account can talk once again. It does not show the prefix error. ??? Not too sure what is going on here.

#6588 Cisnet, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  9. Well there's 1 copy on every spigot server and 1 copy on the bungee server, but I don't have any duplicated jar in folders :(
    But it's really weird since it's only duplicating when there's more than 2 players connected, if I'm alone, the messages are sent normally with no problem

10. @Cisnet You have two copies of your player data in the data file. This can happen if you run the server in both online mode and offline mode. Just delete the file or you can try and search for the duplicate entry.

• Like Like x 1
  11. are you working on ConfigAssist? and what's the CapeListener?

12. @ColaIanLau I'm not working on it from the code you can see online. And the CapeListener is just a little gag I made way back when banner "capes" were popular. It just gives me a banner that trails behind me that looks like a "cape". I actually never use it anymore.

13. Would be nice is placeholderapi worked with this I think there is a bug stopping it from working.

{luckperms_prefix} doesnt work or %luckperms_prefix%

VentureChat] - Placeholders were not added to PlaceholderAPI!

14. Do permissions not work, or have I done something wrong here? I've given players the permission required, but only OP players can view or join the Staff Chat. I'm using the latest version, with the latest spigot. This is the only issue I've encounter so far using this plugin.
    https://gist.github.com/Scabista/de432f5836b0a0b16d16cba682dd5138

15. That's because you should use {prefix}, not {luckperms_prefix}. If you're wanting to use Placeholder API stuff, then the correct value is %vault_prefix% (or %vault_groupprefix%). This requires the Vault PAPI plugin.
    /papi ecloud download Vault
    /papi reload

@ekoro Permission node should be venturechat.staff.chat. Make the appropriate groups have this node. I don't see anything immediately wrong with your channel config.

16. I have vanish support enabled on all my servers and players can still /msg me when im vanished. paper 1.13.2 Venturechat 2.14.0
    Premium vanish vanish plugin

Im using bungeecord 1390

17. @Paintsplatters It's a single server only feature. Would only work with BungeeCord with direct hooks into each vanish plugin.

@ekoro Like others have said, all configurable permissions start with 'venturechat."

@Cisnet Simply debug prints. Placeholders are only added once. Subsequent reloads of the plugin will issue that message. And that's referring to the placeholders that I add to PlaceholderAPI... not the other way around.

You need to download the packs for the plugin. I'm sure LuckPerms has a pack. Or like others have said, just use the vault placeholders. VentureChat pulls through vault.

18. @Aust1n46 Can we please make it work somehow?

It exposes vanished staff members and i dont want to disable cross server messaging.

Venturechat and premium vanish are bukkit / bungee plugins so there has to be some way to respect /v

Not to mention Premium vanish has an API that already works for single server

#6598 Paintsplatters, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  19. @Paintsplatters I could... but there's at least 3-5 popular vanish plugins that are all different and have their own hooks. As you can see that gets messy real quick. It's something I have planned, but I can't just push out an update for your vanish plugin of choice and leave other server owners hanging.

In due time I will add it.

Ideally I'd be able to structure the plugin in such a way where I can easily add and update hooks for different plugins. Rather than just slapping them in random places in the code....

#6599 Aust1n46, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  20. Sent you a DM