Spigot VentureChat 3.2.2

#1 Channels Chat plugin! Spigot + Bungee. Supports PlaceholderAPI + JSON formatting. New Hex Colors!

1. @general2811 And you're certain that you don't have another plugin that adding different colors for admins? Because the color system works fine for me.

@OceIot Aliases should work fine. There's already some in the VentureChat config. You just alias /mail -> /email
    Every Essentials command has a built in alias with 'e' in front. Like /email or /eafk
    Every VentureChat command has a built in alias with 'v' in front. Like /vtell or /vreply

@Zera_Fox Probably not super quickly. Very busy right now and just maintaining the plugin.

2. I actually tried this but it's still applying the profanity replacements contained in the JAR file (I messaged myself as a test and got 'donut'). I can definitely confirm it's showing filters: {} one one line, with all of the filters: replacement words removed. Attached is the YML file if you want to look at it. There are no errors on startup.

Attached Files:

3. @Cash_Flagg I should've known this but I didn't test it last time and just replied.

It's supposed to be:
    Code (Text):
    filters: []
    Because it's a list of values. {} would denote an empty object array (which is what I have in the Players.yml file when it's first generated... misled myself)

I actually just tested it this time and it does work properly. (y)

PS: Next time use pastebin or similar to send configs (or errors)
    So I don't have to download anything, especially a zip.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes we disabled most of those aliases, and we created this one by looking at the examples:
    Code (Text):
      mail:
        arguments: 0
        permissions: email
        components:
        - '/email$'
    But upon trying this, we get nothing, no error message, no message about requiring more arguments, nothing in console.
    Players have venturechat.mail, venturechat.email permissions and essentials.mail permissions

By removing the alias, and essential permissions, we fall back on venturechat's mail, which is what we do not want.
    When unsetting venturechat.mail, venturechat.email and setting essentials.mail to true and disabling the /mail alias from venturechat and telling essentials to persist, we also somehow fall back on venturechat mail (as op) and players get nothing as mentioned above.

5. is there supposed to be the checkmark? it seems very annoying

6. Hi, i have a boring problem with venture...

Always when 2 players send msg at same time, one of the messages duplicates and the other is erased.

I am runing 1.14.4 paper. Any clues what is heppaning and how to fix?

7. Hi there
    Do you have a discord server?

I am getting the following error on reload:
    https://imgur.com/a/oELIDoI

paper 1.12.2
    Waterfall (installed in proxy)

8. @Fetzu If you're talking about /reload you should never be using that. Restart the server for major changes. /chatreload reloads the config. If this errors for you, than there's an underlying issue.

@xSapphirex That is the moderation GUI. Only admins can see the checkmark. It allows for removing messages and other customizable commands to be executed on the player quickly. You could remove the permission from admins if you don't want to use it.

@Danrique I don't understand you're problem. You probably have a bunch of errors in the console if that's happening. You need to post them or I can't do much for you.

@OceIot
    Code (Text):
    mail:
        arguments: 0
        permissions: None
        components:
        - 'Command: /email$'
    I used this alias (you don't need permissions on the alias as the permission node for the command you alias to will be checked like normal)

And it worked just fine.
    [​IMG]
    I turned on commandspy so you can see the /email get executed. I don't have Essentials so of course it says "Unknown command" but you can see that the command was executed properly. Do you have any other alias plugins or settings that could conflict. You can PM me your server IP if you can't figure it out soon.

#7368 Aust1n46, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  9. The new localization customization update progress has been pushed to Bitbucket (localization branch) if you're curious and want to see what it will look like. Can't guarantee any release date at the moment, but it is being worked on!

10. There is no errors in console, this just happen as i said... The plugin just ignore one of the messeges and send 2x the other, is very annoying, nobody reported this?

11. @Danrique Has nothing to do with timing. There's no such thing as "same time" to the server... One executes and than the next. Messages can be duplicated on the front end because there was an Error that resulting in the next message not being parsed fully, not overwriting the last message's JSON variable, and thus the users receive the same message twice.

This is possible, but only as the result of some error, either configuration based or Player data corruption based.

If it only happens when a specific player chats, it's probably data corruption. You can PM me your server IP if you want me to personally come take a look.

12. Just wanted to submit a bug since I'm not getting any errors in console, I'm using venturechat v2.17.3 and /spy isn't working. The command itself works but I'm not receiving any messages from town and nation chats.

13. Could you possibly implement partial names for /msg?

For example, "/msg DJ hey" will send a message to "DJ420"

14. @Onfimarist /spy is for private messaging not channels... so it's not going to show whats in those channels.

You can view that data in the logs. It would be incredibly difficult to follow your chat flow if you could see chat from every town and nation as the conversations wouldn't make sense at all.

@deejaay Would be difficult to implement with BungeeCord considering the fact that multiple servers could have player names that start with 'DJ' in your example. How would the system know which player to send the message to in that case? It's entirely asynchronous and each server doesn't know about the other servers. The current message system relies in the fact that usernames are unique. Partial usernames, however, are not unique.

15. Forgot this supported Bungee my bad, I just use it on a single server that's why I asked. I'm not sure how the essentials system did it tbh but I know they handled partial names

16. Yeah, we have confirmed 100% we have a user reading private /msg traffic.

I have ruled out /socialspy, we don't have anything that does that and there's no permissions enabled for such a thing. I am suspecting a problem in /vreply or something with VentureChat in general. There's also an outside chance maybe PMs are being sent silently to Dynmap.

Member permissions (which this player has) are:
    26.01 21:41:34 [Server] INFO > venturechat.party.* (true)
    26.01 21:42:31 [Server] INFO > venturechat.ignorefilter (true)
    26.01 21:42:31 [Server] INFO > venturechat.me (true)
    26.01 21:42:31 [Server] INFO > venturechat.party (true)
    26.01 21:42:31 [Server] INFO > venturechat.party.help (true)

I have removed all the party permissions since the wildcard makes me suspicious, and we don't use the party functions.

Are we SURE there's no way someone can intercept PMs in VentureChat through some oddball configuration?

17. @Cash_Flagg I'm pretty sure mate... this code has been the same for a long time now and no one else has had this issue. The spy permission is checked before they receive the message, and spying has it's own format in the VentureChat config. So if this person has actually sent you screenshot proof, you can see if the format matches the VentureChat format (which I doubt).

Are you using BungeeCord messaging? Still has it's own spy checks but operates differently than regular messaging. Regular messaging is extremely simple and should be 100% secure.

And lastly did you check this players spy status with /chatinfo? You can also just open the data file (Players.yml) and search for 'spy: true'

And I'd need more background on this mystery player and your server setup. Did this player used to be Staff with spy permission? If they did and they still had the flag set when they were demoted, they can still spy... You have to remove their status.

And there's also an override permission that prevents (the sender) from being spied on.
    Code (Text):
    venturechat.spy.override
    But this would only protect you from someone that has the VentureChat spy flag... and if they have that flag, you can easily remove it.

If you PM me your server IP maybe I can come take a look in person and see what all is setup here.

#7377 Aust1n46, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  18. The mute command has a lot of problems.

Even with mysql, if you mute someone the person still are able to talk, it only works if the person comes to the server you muted and then he is muted in all network. When the time of the mute ends, the mute doesnt end at all.

Get this error:

ERROR Could not pass event AsyncPlayerChatEvent to ServerLog v1.1.0
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServerLogEvent may only be triggered synchronously.
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:533) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at com.bryan.log.type.AsyncPlayerChatEvents.onChat(AsyncPlayerChatEvents.java:25) ~[?:?]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at com.destroystokyo.paper.event.executor.asm.generated.GeneratedEventExecutor58.execute(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.EventExecutor.lambda$create$1(EventExecutor.java:69) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at co.aikar.timings.TimedEventExecutor.execute(TimedEventExecutor.java:76) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:70) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:545) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PlayerConnection.chat(PlayerConnection.java:1717) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1632) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_14_R1.PacketPlayInChat$1.run(PacketPlayInChat.java:41) ~[custom.jar:git-Paper-235]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_211]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_211]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_211]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_211]
    01.02 03:31:31 [Server] INFO at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_211]

If you use /muteall, there is no way to choose the time, the person will be muted forever.

if you use /mute , you have to mute in all channels avaiable to that person. Not good right?

You cant use mute like 10h or 10 h for ten hours, you have to calclulate in minutes?

19. @Danrique Any errors that result from you trying to setup the config with a database are on you mate. Really nothing I can do about that. The plugin expects to be reading from the yml file. If you create some concurrency issue by how you are managing that yml file, there is nothing the plugin can do about it.

The muting works fine in the normal use case. It does synchronize with the network if the channel is enabled for BungeeCord. If the data files are being messed up in some way, then once again it's not the plugins fault.

If you're trying to link data files with SQL you're just going to end up with a bunch of concurrency errors. Especially VentureChat manages the data already using BungeeCord.

#7379 Aust1n46, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  20. Understood, The network has 20 servers, I have problem with number of connections in databases so I keep to minimum. the mysql part is only on the public part and not in the others private project servers. Those use yml, thats the cause then? Maybe this is the problem with duplicating msgs? The solution is bring in another plugin than mute all channels of everything.

So I keep the suggestions that you didnt mention

"If you use /muteall, there is no way to choose the time, the person will be muted forever.

if you use /mute , you have to mute in all channels avaiable to that person. Not good right?

You cant use mute like 10h or 10 h for ten hours, you have to calclulate in minutes?"

thnaks for the help!