Spigot VentureChat 3.2.3

#1 Channels Chat plugin! Spigot + Bungee. Supports PlaceholderAPI + JSON formatting. New Hex Colors!

1. Hello, sorry to bother you again. Any chance for the json formating section to also cover private messages and the spy chat?

2. is it possible to make a spy channel that see all channel?
    and how to make it
    thank in advance

3. Having an issue where players can use color codes and format codes regardless of if they have the permission. I even tried negating the permissions and still, any player can use them. What do I have set up wrong?

4. @Chaosity
    Step 1: Figure out which plugin is sending the message
    Step 2: Check that plugin's config
    Step 3: Change the message format to what you desire it be

My hint is the answer to step 1 isn't VentureChat.

@Sixsoul Other plugins can allow formatting as well.

@danaz That makes no sense. You can listen to multiple channels at the same time.

There is a /rangedspy command to receive messages in a distance limited channel from any distance, but I think it's a useless feature personally. I added it because people wanted it.

@LucidAPs If only it were that easy...

Maybe in the future there will be more enhanced JSON features across the plugin.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Um i have a problem when a new player joins then syas something if they arnt opped this happens <chat=5bb200c4-6f26-4d93-a0f6-eddd379e136e>

6. @Phoenixvine Not VentureChat...

Issue with InteractiveChat

7. Hey, I love the plugin but since the last update im getting this error every time someone tries to use /tell to a player on another paper instance via bungeecord

18:20:56 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.bungee.MineverseChatBungee.onPluginMessage(MineverseChatBungee.java:460)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor16.invoke(Unknown Source)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.event.EventHandlerMethod.invoke(EventHandlerMethod.java:19)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:46)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.callEvent(PluginManager.java:412)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.connection.DownstreamBridge.handle(DownstreamBridge.java:256)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.protocol.packet.PluginMessage.handle(PluginMessage.java:88)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at net.md_5.bungee.netty.HandlerBoss.channelRead(HandlerBoss.java:111)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:379)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:357)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:286)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:379)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:357)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:324)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:296)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1410)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:919)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.epollInReady(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:795)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:480)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:378)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:989)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)

18:20:56 [SEVERE] at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

#9148 xmach, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  8. @xmach Shouldn't be possible unless there is a sync failure, which should also be impossible because it will continue to retry until it's successful.

Unless you're running mismatched versions of VentureChat, or all the servers don't have it installed or something.

9. They all have it installed, there was a version mismatch but I fixed that this morning and the issue is still ongoing. I notice the new configs have some differences so I'm going to try and see if resetting the configs helps at all and will update you accordingly

10. @xmach The error (if you're using the latest version as I was told) is because the plugin is trying to access a player data instance that does not exist. Whenever a player logs into any Spigot server, they request a data synchronization from the BungeeCord instance of the plugin. If the player doesn't have an existing data instance, one is created for them. This sync is critical to proper function of the BungeeCord features in the plugin, and it happens before a player could try and use /msg.

11. When i enable this option:
    Code (Text):
    bungeecordmessaging: true
    Only who received can see the message, so you can't really know if your message is sent or not. Did I do something wrong with the configuration or have no way of knowing what you sent? Because with this option false, the player can see the message that he sent.

12. For some reason (unrelated to your plugin of course) my spigot.yml files had reset the bungeecord value to false so the UUIDs were incorrect, all sorted now

13. Hello there,
    Although I removed my EssentialsChat and have Vault, ProtocolLib and PlaceholderAPI installed, JSON Formatting doesn't work. The three plugins are all the latest versions of themselves. The group names match and I even tried removing the small caps font from the prefix of a group and even with the normal font, it wouldn't show the hover message, nor would it suggest/run a command. As I understand, the plugin has an option for admins, where they click a symbol after the message and can do actions such as deleting a message. This too doesn't work for me. Have you encountered something like this/do you maybe know what's causing it?
    Thank you in advance,
    Sayrus

14. You need to use a permission plugin and set the respective permission for each group.

venturechat.json.GROUP

15. @samukatb Needs to be set on every server. The echos get sent fine for me. I've never heard of an instance where the message is delivered and the echo isn't. The operation of BungeeCord messaging versus local messaging is entirely different not comparable in anyway. It will always work when set to false. There is no networking component in play to complicate the system.

@TheSayrusGaming These options require permissions. It's not based on the name of the group. That is irrelevant. The hovers are for {vault_prefix} {player_displayname} and {vault_suffix} placeholders from PlaceholderAPI. Other more specific variations of these may also work, but these are the most generic.

16. I have an issue where certain players, including myself, don't have messages sent. I can type, press enter, but nothing will actually print to a channel. I've tried this with multiple different channels, all not bungeecord. Turning bungeecord to false in spigot.yml fixes the issue. Obviously I am on a bungee network and need that on. Any known fix?

17. Hello, the overall appearance of the plugin is very nice features etc but I don't know why it doesn't work on me.

latest.log:

Code (Text):
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] Enabling VentureChat v2.22.8
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Initializing...
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Config found! Loading file.
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Checking for Vault...
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Could not find Vault dependency, disabling.
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] Disabling VentureChat v2.22.8
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Disabling...
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Disabled Successfully
    [12:35:42 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Loading player data
    [12:35:42 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling VentureChat v2.22.8 (Is it up to date?)
    org.bukkit.plugin.IllegalPluginAccessException: Plugin attempted to register task while disabled
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.validate(CraftScheduler.java:537) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.runTaskTimerAsynchronously(CraftScheduler.java:236) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.runTaskTimerAsynchronously(CraftScheduler.java:232) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.runTaskLaterAsynchronously(CraftScheduler.java:177) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.runTaskAsynchronously(CraftScheduler.java:146) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.MineverseChat.onEnable(MineverseChat.java:148) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:380) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:501) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:415) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.loadWorld(MinecraftServer.java:581) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:281) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:1057) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:290) ~[tuinity-1.16.5.jar:git-Tuinity-"b12d0cc"]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer$$Lambda$3040/0x0000000065a98e30.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:823) [?:1.8.0_282]

18. Hello again,
    I already had the venturechat.json.owner permission yesterday and it still didn't work. I tried to add it case-sensitive (So both venturechat.json.owner and venturechat.json.Owner) and I gave the owner rank the venturechat.json permission as well. Still, no success. And yes, I'm sure I'm in the owner group. (It also has the * permission, so it should have everything, but I tried the permissions anyways.)

19. Disregard this was my vanish plugin :facepalm: