Spigot VentureChat 3.2.3

#1 Channels Chat plugin! Spigot + Bungee. Supports PlaceholderAPI + JSON formatting. New Hex Colors!

1. Oh, should be nice to implement configurable /me in the future, thanks!!!

2. Good for some reason the chat with bungee does not work for me, do you have a tutorial where you explain how to do it in case I am doing something wrong?

3. @Bleyder02 You need to explain your problem. There's always more to it than "it doesn't work".

The plugin needs to be installed on every server and on BungeeCord. IP forwarding should be setup for the network if you're running in online mode. The plugin should be tested with the default config as it's known to be working.

4. Hey! Whenever I say 'u' at the start of the message it becomes 'h dear' in italics. It is definitely VentureChat since I tried chatting with and without it. I am also opped if that makes any difference. Would you happen to know how to fix this "issue"?

5. **Getting this error... ps help**

[13:46:11 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Disabling...
    [13:46:11 INFO]: [VentureChat] - Disabled Successfully
    [13:46:11 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling VentureChat v3.2.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mineverse/Aust1n46/chat/localization/Localization
    at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.MineverseChat.initializeConfigReaders(MineverseChat.java:244) ~[VentureChat-3.2.2.jar:?]
    at mineverse.Aust1n46.chat.MineverseChat.onEnable(MineverseChat.java:112) ~[VentureChat-3.2.2.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:370) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:500) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:561) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_17_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:475) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.loadWorld(MinecraftServer.java:733) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.initServer(DedicatedServer.java:353) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.runServer(MinecraftServer.java:1230) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$spin$0(MinecraftServer.java:322) ~[server.jar:git-Purpur-1415]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831) ~[?:?]

6. @tizocraft You probably hot swapped the jars. Avoid doing that.

Redownload a new copy.

@Ender_Dave Any screenshots, configs, other evidence or steps to reproduce?

7. I think I solved it, thanks anyways

8. Does Venture-Chat offer a maven dependency?

9. upload_2021-10-24_15-28-0.png

Getting spaming in console :/

10. Can you add a temp mute command?

• "Muting: You can mute players in a channel, optionally for a time in minutes, or all channels at once."
      Just specify the time when using the command...

11. How would I specify time?
    I tried "/muteall user 10m" but it didn't work

12. @Ram4081 Do you have IP forwarding setup?

@srnyx Already exists for /mute. Not for /muteall.

@Netpex You can use jitpack.

14. @Ram4081 Can you run some more test scenarios for me? Lets assume the problem is deterministic.
    Does it happen every time for every player?
    Every time for some players?
    Does it appear to happen randomly?
    Can you check the data file for the player's UUID when it happens and see if it exists? (PlayerData folder)
    Can you try testing with a default config and a test environment to eliminate config issues or perhaps identify setup issues?
    Are you using the same and most up to date version on all servers?

The error is stating in layman's terms that the plugin cannot look up the player who sent the message by UUID on the original server they sent the message from. Which should be impossible.

15. <dependency>
    <groupId>com.github.Tapiture</groupId>
    <artifactId>venturechat</artifactId>
    <version>-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

That it?

16. Hi again, I was using this plugin during these days and I realized that also advacements messages and death messages can't be edited, could be added please!? :)

17. Hey, i have multiple questions. 1. is there a way to execute a command if a player triggered one of my regexes 2. can i somehow spy the original messages player wrote 3. can i spy msgs and groups like local,party etc

18. @Javithor360 That's not in scope for a chat plugin. There are other plugins that can do that.

@tizocraft No.

/spy, /commandspy, and /rangedspy are the 3 spying options.