Villagers causing tps drops on server

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Wynx, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Hi everyone, i have been dealing with this issue for a while now and im starting to give up on it.
    For some reason villagers seem to be taking up alot of the tick on my SMP server and i have no idea why. I understand that on the server there are quite a few villagers around due to trading stations and villager breeders, but i was wondering if anyone knew how to sort the TPS issue with them. I will leave my Timing report bellow.

Thanks in advance :)

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=70ec60293a5142d1b545c480391ec3d3

2. first, update since you're 60+ builds behind

second, 30GB RAM for a server of any size is a terrible idea. make it something sensible like 8, especially with that low of a player count.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. He doesn't need to update. If he wants to use an older version of the game, what's wrong with that? I don't understand people who make comments like this.

Also, while yes, it's a bad idea to have 30GB for a server that doesn't need it, it's also not what is causing his lag. Your comment is useless for this guy.

@Wynx have you tried using something like MobStack to reduce the total amount of entities overall?

4. Because there's no reason to use a build of a version that is 64 builds behind when there's been fixes/boosts given to it. For all we know, these lag issues could of been fixed in one of the 64 builds since.

Now, OP, based on your timings, this could be a case of your view distance.Im spigot.yml, I recommend setting your view distance at 6 and changing mob-spawn-range from 6 to 5. You could also change spawn limits for monsters from 50 to 40 in bukkit.yml. Based on the graph of the timings, it looks like a lot of the lag is from a certain place in the world as well.

As for what vrx64, 30GB is quite a lot of ram. You should really only need to have, at most, 8 to 10GB. Make sure both -Xmx and -Xms are set the same.

5. the build he is on is the same major release of the game, 1.15. many fixes have been added in the 60+ builds to come after, there's no reason to be running one that old.

mob stacking plugins should be avoided as per the optimization guide, hell even a paper dev explains why they're bad: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/guide-server-optimization‚ö°.283181/page-20#post-3684550